We have been interested in seeing how land has been used for shops, services such as banks and car service centres, hotels and leisure activities. The trip instigated interesting discussion about issues affecting our locality such as flooding, poverty and traffic congestion.
We noticed a huge amount of construction and we began to wonder what new facilities might appear in the near future. Here are some creative and original ideas from Year 4:
- A science museum so that children can learn.
- A water park because it is hot.
- A shelter for homeless people so we can look after people who are less fortunate than ourselves.
- A slime shop and making centre because kids love slime.
- A recycling centre because we saw a lot of rubbish when we went on our walk.
- A Game Tower/ PC Centre with iPads, Nintendo, X-Box and phones because people who don’t have these things at home would enjoy going there.
- A Beyblade arena so that we can have competitions.
On behalf of all the children and staff in Year 4, we would like to thank the parent helpers who accompanied each class on the trip. You can see from the examples above that it was a valuable experience. The children will now be investigating and comparing aspects of life in Vietnam with other countries in the lead up to International Week 2018.
Ms Jude Handscombe, Y4 Teacher and Leader