To lead the support staff (guards and cleaners) at the Early Years and Infant Campus, to coordinate with the Maintenance team. This involves the day to day running of the site as well as supporting short and long term projects that may involve outside contractors.
To work alongside all departments in the office and across the school.
Head of Campus, Deputy Head of Campus, Assistant Head of Campus, Business Director
Other Key Relationships
Facility Managers from Junior and Secondary. Head of Maintenance, Head Cleaner and Head Guard and externally contracted guards.
The British International School, HCMC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including references from previous employers in accordance with our safer recruitment practice. Interviews will be conducted in person, and they will explore candidates’ suitability to work with children.
- Report to Head of Campus/ Deputy Head of Campus (HOC/DHOC) weekly to update on high priority jobs, medium term needs and long term planning
- Lead support staff on the Early Years and Infant Campus
- Ensure all areas of the Early Years and Infant Campus are fit for purpose
- Promote the mission and philosophy of the school amongst local support staff
- Be flexible and adjust to the needs of the school, actively contributing to its development and growth
- Communicate effectively with the school’s stakeholders, being an ambassador for the school at all times
Health and Safety
Ensure that the campus is a safe learning environment for students and staff
- Identifying potential hazards and working with the maintenance team to rectify in a timely manner
- Weekly/Monthly Campus Facility checks to ensure a safe working and learning environment
- Conduct monthly canteen inspections.
- Oversee the correct implementation of the Air Quality Index and any subsequent actions needed
- Lead support staff in the fire and lockdown evacuation procedures
- Keep accurate and up to date Health and safety and maintenance checklists (including fire systems)
- Liaise with HOC/DHOC to ensure all H&S items are recorded on RIVO
Ensure that all support staff are carrying out their roles and responsibilities to the highest standards
- Oversee and be responsible for the organization of support staff
- Check in daily with the Head of Maintenance, Cleaners and Guards
- Ensure there are sufficient staff at all times including cover arrangements when support staff are absent
- Responsible for the annual performance management of all cleaners and guards
- Liaise with HR regarding any policy updates or issues related to the support staff
- Liaise with HOC and HR to bring to their attention any issues pertaining to staff not fulfilling their required roles and duties
Ensure that all school events meet the H&S requirements of BIS and NAE including set up and staffing
- Responsible for furniture set up of school events or performances
- Coordinate with teachers, TAs, PTG and support staff in the arrangements for school events
- Work closely with HOC and DHOC to ensure NAE and the School standards of Health and Safety are met at all events
- Ensure risk assessments for set up and equipment are carried out for school events beyond the school day
Ensure the campus site is safe for all BIS stakeholders.
- Ensure guards and external guards are fully aware of school policy relating to staff and visitors on site
- Work with all departments to ensure outside contractors are signed in using the correct procedures
- Ensure that all CCTV cameras are fully operational and assist in the use of these cameras when needed
Resources/Maintenance of campus
Ensure that all school resources and facilities meet the Branding criteria standard.
- Responsible for local orders of furniture.
- Develop and oversee the budget of local furniture, fixture and operational supplies of the cleaning team and the guard team.
- Administer relevant contract, procurement procedures.
- Oversee delivery of overseas orders
- Write off of old/unwanted/broken items of furniture and other school equipment
- Work with maintenance to repair, build and maintain campus facilities
- Oversee the minor break-down repairs.
- Assist the HOC to develop the building development plan, develop specification.
- Keep up to date records for maintenance and cleaning
- Liaise with HOC/DHOC to ensure all maintenance checklists are recorded on RIVO
- Work collaboratively with office administrative team in terms of monitoring services and specific assigned jobs to ensure that all jobs are being carried out efficiently
- Be part of the holiday rota for office staff
- Any other task reasonably required by HOC/DHOC /AHOC and BD
- Work with the Facility Managers across the school to ensure all procedures for maintenance, cleaning and security meet the expectations set by BIS and Nord Anglia Education
- Ensure Safeguarding of all students by:
- Passing all Child Protection issues onto the Designated Senior Person for Child Protection
- Ensure support staff understand the school’s commitment to Child Protection and Safeguarding and their role in adhering to and promoting this. This includes working with HR to ensure all staff are trained
Continual development through the identification and implementation of your own Professional Review and Development needs to include:
- Continually striving to improve performance
- Setting and working towards targets with the HOC, linked to the department and school development plan
- Be approachable, warm, resilient and good humoured
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have excellent organizational skills, being able to prioritize and manage a varied workload
- Be proactive and seek guidance where necessary
- Be numerate and accurate
- Possess strong IT Skills
- Fluent English Speaker
All staff are required to manage effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organization.
Each individual must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities and Company policies with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation
Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Head of Campus, Deputy Head of Campus, Business Director.
Be a valued member of the team and organization.
If you are interested in the post or you find someone suitable and would like to recommend him/her to the school, please send CV and application to HR department via email firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com by 15th February 2019.