With more than 26 countries represented, the stalls spanned the continents. Each stall was decorated to represent the individual countries bringing the Gym to life. We had music from each country playing in the background enabling those visiting to be transported around the world. We certainly enjoyed the beautiful dance performed by India.
We really appreciate the time and effort that is put into these 2 days in order for our children to taste the fabulous food from all around the world.
A special thanks to our Global Café volunteers
- Lily – Event head
- Pamela – In charge of Global Café’s background music
- Duyen – F&B in charge
- Anchal - Flags and stamps in-charge
- Tracy – Stationery in-charge
- Ai – Channel of communication between the school and country reps.
Parents’ Potluck: We are delighted to invite you to the parents' pot luck lunch held at the Early Years and Infant campus on 13th Feb, 2020 from 12:15 - 2:15pm.
This has traditionally been a wonderful, fun-filled event where parents and teachers come together to sample different kinds of food and chat. We hope many of you will be able to join us for this event!
For both new and returning parents, the lunch will be organized as follows:
- Format - Cold buffet style. Ideally finger foods, although curries and dips are welcome!
- Amount of food to carry – A small plate filled with finger food.
- Examples of foods you could bring – Vietnamese Spring Rolls, Korean Gimbap, Japanese Onigiri, Brazilian Pão de queijo, Indian Samosas, German Bratwurst, Canapes, Garlic Bread with Sundried Tomatoes & Cheese and all sorts of sandwiches. Both sweet and savory foods are most welcome – so please bring rice cakes, traditional cookies, cakes and laddoos if you like.
- Must the food be home-made? This is not necessary. The idea is to get together and have a good time. Please feel free to buy food if this is easier.
- Plastic free pledge – In line with #2020PlasticPledge, the lunch will be plastic free. The school will provide plates and cutlery.
- Drinks – Juices and water will be available at the lunch venue.
Sign up – To sign up for the lunch please send us an e-mail, so that we have an idea of approximate numbers for lunch and the logistics are arranged accordingly. However, in case you find yourself free at the last minute, feel free to drop in with a plateful of food!
Any queries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Swap- 3rd March
Spring fair- 21st March
To sign up and help with various events:
send us an e-mail if you have any questions - email@example.com
Sub Committee details
The main Primary PTG Committee is now set up, but of course we are looking for parents to volunteer on different event Committees for the 2019-2020 school year. The events run by parents for the BIS students adds to the social fabric of the school. Please consider signing up to any of the committees that BIS is going to need to run the events. Remember, if an event does not have a committee to organize or volunteers to help, it won’t run. This sign up list is to create a steering Committee; the Committee will be in charge of coordinating the event. The school will help with the logistics and the funds needed to run each event.
Please do not hesitate to contact the PTG at the email address below:
Saturday Morning Football! (SMF)
We currently need parents to come forward to help with the administration and coaching to make this important club happen. This is a parent-led event conducted each Saturday for BIS children (with the help of student coaches from the Secondary school) held at the Junior Campus playing fields.
Sign-ups are still on-going for SMF
- 8-9 am – Boys and Girls Years 4,5,6
- 9-10 am – Boys and Girls Years 2,3
We are looking for more parent coaches and also student coaches. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, The PTG will do its annual football boot/kit collection to donate to our community partners. Any old boots and kits that your children have grown out of, please keep them ready for donation.
If you want to stay informed about happenings at school – keep reading the Friday Weekly Update sent by the Headteachers.
Please contact us with your questions at email@example.com.
Gayatri, Lily, Ai, Thomas and Vivian