Our campus in Aubonne features state-of-the-art facilities and technology designed to give your child a great head-start. Nestled between the vineyards and fruit orchards of Aubonne, La Côte International School is within easy commuting distance from Geneva and Lausanne.
Our peaceful location near farmland gives students the opportunity to be involved in healthy, safe and nurturing outdoor play and educational activities. In this spectacular environment, students learn at a campus designed as a modern and first-class facility, featuring environmentally-friendly features such as 100 square meters of solar panels to heat water and energy-saving automated lighting.
Our campus boasts 44 classrooms and 12 special rooms designed for science, technology, computing, art and music. Students eat their meals in a professionally catered dining room. They take part in sports in one of the two gyms, get lost in a book in the library, and perform in our dazzling theatre and concert hall. Parents can also enjoy time in the on-site coffee and juice bar and partake in various onsite activities such as language classes.
All our classrooms have the latest interactive CTouch screens and technologies, allowing students to learn, communicate, collaborate and access information in the most efficient and effective ways. In addition, our learning curriculum ensures that Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) skills are integrated into everyday lessons, allowing students a natural acquisition of ICT skills, increasingly essential to their future achievements.
This year, we are very proud to be launching a new film and media suite where students, led by our Media teachers, will have the opportunity to use industry-standard equipment and software to shoot, edit and publish films.
CLASSROOM EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES & TECHNOLOGY at La Côte International School:
- 4 state-of-the-art science laboratories provided with scientific laboratory equipment and supplies including microscopes, water baths, fume cupboards and data logging equipment, which allows for the practice-based, hands-on learning that is the foundation of our school's High Quality Learning approach.
- A trailblazing Design centre made up of two key areas. One area is a multi-material workshop equipped to deal with a broad range of prototyping across a range of materials and manufacturing processes. Focusing on product and industrial design, students are able to work with manual and automated processes in keeping with modern and traditional production including capability across plastic forming, moulding, shaping and modelling, sheet metal fabrication through heat treatment and welding as well as hand-wasting in natural and man-made timbers. The area is also equipped for Computer Aided Manufacture and has a pair of Makerbot 3D printers and scanner, an industrial standard laser cutter and a vinyl graphics cutter. There is a separate Graphics and ICT Design Studio where students are taught the theory of design and graphical communication in support of the academic MYP and Diploma programmes. This is an area where, in addition to honing their hand-drawn graphic skills using a range of media including spirit markers and rendering, students are able to access the departments online resources via their iPads, MacBooks and Dell laptops as well as use computer-aided design software across our suite of PC design stations helping to support the marketing and deployment of their design concepts in client-commission scenarios.
A brand new Film and Media Suite supplied with professional sound and lighting kits and a professional non-glare green ChromaKey backdrop for post-production keying and visual effects. The Film and Media Suite features eight of the latest 27-inch iMacs with Retina 5K display and 3,4 GHz processor for classroom work and two 15-inch MacBook Pro for location work and homework. All iMacs in our Film & Media Suite carry Final Cut Pro video editing software. Students have access to three professional-quality cameras, a Canon Legria, a DSLR Canon 80d and a pro Sony FX-1E HDV, as well as a GoPro Hero4 camera, which is used regularly by our students to film outside sporting events and International Award activities. Our latest purchase is a professional Phantom quadcopter drone, which shoots 4k footage essential for aerial photography, and excellent for outdoor dolly and crane shots.
- 2 Performance Rooms for music and drama, featuring CTouch screens, digital pianos and Tama drums for parallel teaching.
- 4 Sound-proofed Music Practice Spaces, fully-equipped with digital pianos, electric guitars and amplifiers.
- 1 Recording Studio featuring a 16 channels Presonus studiolive mixer with Logic Pro software, Yamaha studio monitors, Shure and Rhode microphones as well as other omnidirectional, cardioid and panoramic microphones. Our recording studio is also equipped with iMacs for editing purposes.
- Each of our 44 classrooms features Apple TV integrated with the CTouch screens. This allows students to airplay their iPad or MacBook content thereby sharing their screens with the whole class.
- 250-seat Theatre and Auditorium with state-of-the-art lighting and sound system, 24 spotlights, a lighting desk and DMX splitter. Our theatre also features a multimedia centre with a 12,000 lumens LCD projector, 3 HDMI receivers DM8G, 20 AKG and Sennheiser headset microphones plus two Sennheiser hands microphones, a Soundcraft expression 2 digital mixer with 66 channels, including filters, EQ, Gate, Compressor, Delay and a touch-screen with pre-programmed scenarios for different events.
- 2 Art Studios equipped with a kiln and potters' wheel, easels, portfolio storage, CTouch screens and computers.
- Traditional and Electronic Libraries. Our electronic library has over 40,000 fiction titles and an extensive non-fiction library.
- 860 square meters Gymnasium with anti-puncture membrane flooring, equipped with a climbing wall, basketball, unihockey and football courts.
- Professionally Catered Dining Room. Committed to providing healthy nutritional choices to all our students, our on-site catering team offers each day a traditional and vegetarian meal option as well as a freshly-prepared salad bar buffet.