Together with our exciting Virtual School Experience, Mr Luke launched a series of activities in which students choose an activity they want to do at home over several weeks which enables them to learn a new skill, help others or show creativity. BVIS Secondary will then provide a certificate of completion and the details will be included in their school university references and recommendations later!
Challenges set by Mr Luke include:
- Taking one of the hundreds of free online academic courses offered by Ivy League schools.
- Creating a piece of artwork or video.
- Looking after siblings or elderly relatives.
- Blogging about your experiences to help others.
- Translating stories into Vietnamese for younger children to enjoy.
- ...your imaginative idea!
You can do as many challenges as you like.
The communications platforms deployed at BVIS such as MS Teams really brought great effectiveness in connecting and supporting students.
One of the activities being done by some students in an online mathematics course run by Stanford University. This is being supported by Mr. Stuart Reid, Maths Teacher & Head of Hanoi House.