Mr. Simon Higham, Principal
Welcome to this week’s Highlights and thank you for taking time to engage and connect with our school.
We are pleased to inform you that our examination students have continued with their in-school learning and adhered effectively to all our enhanced health and safety measures in preparation for and completion of internal and external examinations.
Additionally, our teachers and teaching assistants have continued to deliver an effective and ever developing Virtual School Experience (VSE) for our Fundinotots to Year 9 students I am pleased to report that our overall attendance for VSE remains in line with averages for when all students are in school.
Many thanks for your continued support – it is both appreciated and respected. No matter if we are in school or online, we remain ready to offer support, help and guidance from our highly qualified teachers should you require it. In the first instance, never hesitate to contact your child’s class teachers or Form Tutor – no issue is ever too small.
For further online VSE support, please click here.
Last week, I wrote to all our school community to inform them of our change in uniform from the next academic year.
Although at this present time we are unable to launch the new designs in school for you to see, we wanted to share these pictures below to give you a better idea of what the new uniform looks like.
With the input from our staff and student leadership teams, over the last 12 months we have designed the improved uniform based upon quality, functionality, style, diversity, equality and inclusion for all. Some of the key changes are:
EYFS and Primary (Foundation 1 to Year 6)
- A lighter, softer but durable shirt fabric
- One shirt for all Primary students that is gender neutral
- Lighter weight skorts and shorts that can be worn by both girls and boys
- A colour that is unique to BVIS students and identifies us as being part of the Nord Anglia Education family
Secondary, including 6th Form (Year 7 to Year 13)
- One shirt for all Secondary and 6th Form students that is gender neutral – no pocket
- A more modern cut shirt, with smaller collars and designed to be worn untucked for improved comfort
- For the first time, trousers may be worn by all Secondary students, with no gender bias
- A slimmer more modern cut trouser in a lighter weight material
- A new skort, designed by our student council that focuses upon comfort, style and takes safeguarding into consideration
- A colour and design that identifies us as being part of the Nord Anglia Education family
There is no change to the house T-Shirt/PE shirt and shorts.
Additional items that have previously been sold, such as BVIS fleeces will continue to be sold and used if required.
Please look out for more details before the end of the academic year with regards to how you will be able to conveniently purchase standard packs and individual items of our new uniform, both in school and online.
We are all very excited about seeing our students in their new uniform in August.
For all individual queries about your child’s academic work/social and emotional wellbeing in school or during this period of VSE, please contact their form/class teachers directly via email or Dojo.
For all additional Primary Enquiries, please call:
(028) 3758 0709 / ext. 111
For all additional Secondary Enquiries, please call:
(028) 3758 0717 / ext. 211
Mrs Mary McAloon, Head of Primary
Virtual School Experience (VSE) for our primary students is simply another approach to learning that they are now mastering. The differences that VSE brings to learning include a range of valuable life skills, as well as the opportunity to keep learning, irrespective of location.