Our Year 11, 12 and 13 students were entered for Cambridge International and Edexcel exams in June 2020, however, due to the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic, formal exams were not able to go ahead for safety reasons.
During this unprecedented time, staff, students and parents/families all adapted brilliantly to virtual learning until students were able to return to school. Students continued to excel and display improved knowledge through online tests and mock exams.
The exam boards’ grading system for this year was initially based on a statistical model as well as Teacher Accessed Grades and rankings. However, after the release of results, it became apparent that although the statistical model did work for some, it was unable to produce appropriate grades for many students, meaning that there was an urgent worldwide review.
As a result of the exam boards reviewing their processes, both Edexcel and Cambridge International revised their allocated grades and adjusted them to the original Teacher Assessed Grades, aside from instances where the awarded grade was higher.
This was a difficult time for all involved and BVIS would like to thank all the students, parents, families and staff for their patience and understanding whilst grades were being reviewed.
IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) Results
Grades were awarded by Cambridge International on a scale from A* to G.
- An amazing 50% of all our grades were A* - A.
- 93% of our total grades were A*- C.
- Luong An Khang gained an exceptional 9 A* grades at IGCSE
- Nguyen Minh Vinh Ky achieved 8 A*s and 1 A and Nguyen Hai Minh 7 A*s and 1 A, well done!
- Congratulations to Nguyen Mai Tuong An, Pham Ngoc Huy Toan, Dinh Nhat Xuan Mai, Le Hoang Khoi, Nguyen Phuoc Bao Dang, Dao Duy Minh and Nguyen Minh Vinh Ky whose grades at IGCSE were all either As or A*s.
A Level Results
Grades are awarded between A - E for International AS level, and A*- E for International A level. Any grade between A*-E is a pass.
AS Level: (end of Year 12)
- At AS level a brilliant 85% of the grades that students achieved were A - C.
- A special congratulations to Ho Chau Kiet, Tran Thuy Hong Minh, Nguyen Tam Phuc, Le Tram Nguyen Du, Duong Tuong An, Tran Ho Van Anh, Tran Hoang Nhat Vy and Nguyen Minh Nhan who achieved A grades in all their subjects at AS level.
A2 Level (end of Year 13)
- 44% of grades at A Level were A*-A
- 84% of grades at A Level were A*-C
- Well done to Nguyen Viet Quang, Thai Nguyen Khanh Linh, Duong Ngoc Anh, Lam Tuyet Minh, Do Minh Thu, Nguyen Nam Anh, Nguyen Khac Hai Linh and Nguyen Ky Dan who all achieved 100% A* and A grades.
Our 6th form graduates can now focus on the next chapter of their academic lives using their promising A Level results to secure their placements at the very top universities worldwide. Some have decided to stay in Vietnam because of the restrictions on travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic and others have deferred their plans to next year. We are pleased to report that some of their planned destinations HERE.
Congratulations to you all our BVIS students for your hard work and perseverance during a challenging year. You should be very proud of your achievements. Your amazing academic success, maturity and pride towards our school motivates us all even further to enhance the outstanding education that we provide for all students at BVIS!