The British Vietnamese International School, HCMC has a competitive salary scale. New teachers are placed on the salary scale according to previous relevant experience.
The salary scale is reviewed annually to take account of inflation and to keep the school competitive. It will be presented at interview where it will be put into the context of life in Vietnam and the other benefits we provide for teachers.
The current benefits available for overseas teachers include:
- furnished accommodation in either District 7, District 2 or a monthly housing allowance
- medical insurance for the teacher and dependents
- annual return air tickets for the teacher and dependants
- two free places for dependent children in the school for each teacher
- a settling-in allowance
- health club membership
- transport to and from selected local apartments
- an end of service bonus
A contract renewal bonus is offered for second and subsequent contracts.