St Andrews International School Bangkok prides itself on the fact that our teachers know their children very well. The atmosphere in the classes is one of warmth and security, a place where children should grow in confidence to take on even more challenging work and activities. Teachers work hard to create this stimulating environment through displays and ongoing work and topics studied. The following is a summary of expectations teachers have on themselves across our school.
Your job contracts may have additional responsibilities.
Learning, development and teaching:
- To be responsible for the educational care and development of a class of children in accordance with the philosophy of the School’s curriculum programme.
- To employ appropriate teaching methods to facilitate learning in accordance with the age, stage, aptitude and ability of the children in your care. To keep up-to-date with current educational practices and theory.
- To be aware of the needs of children in your class and to plan appropriate tasks to maintain a close match between the work offered and the needs to the child.
- To meet with parents to discuss the children’s progress and to provide the parents with written reports in accordance with school policy.
- To be involved in planning meetings as required and submit planning to Heads of Phase in required format.
- To be involved with the supervision and instruction of support staff as required.
Professional team member:
- To implement the School’s assessment and reporting procedures.
- To maintain adequate record keeping procedures in keeping with school policies and good Educational Practice. These should be relevant to the age of your students.
- To fulfil breaktime and lunchtime duties in accordance with the duty rota and duty procedures set out in this document.
- To work as a member of a team, providing information and assistance with the long, medium and short-term planning that is necessary to maintain high standards, differentiation, and continuity throughout the school.
- At times work as a member of a team, providing information and assistance with the planning of integrated activities involving children from different classes/year groups.
- To participate in professional development sessions as arranged by the School.
- To attend staff meetings and INSET and co-operate with other colleagues in all aspects of curriculum development and the corporate running of the School.
- To implement procedures adopted by the School and readily adapt in response to developments and new initiatives.
The whole school community and environment:
- To make the school a welcoming and stimulating environment that will encourage children to actively participate in all that is required of them.
- To educate the children so that they become lively thinking and responsive individuals by providing differentiated experiences in all areas of the curriculum.
- To participate in extracurricular activities once a week.
- To support promotional activities associated with the advancement of the School.
- To be an ambassador for the School in the wider local and global community.
- To promote the House system within the school and organise one House activity per year.
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering an extracurricular activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning, or from another area of interest. Our school has a good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
For the rights candidates with the relevant experience, the following positions of responsibility may be available. Click on the links below for more information:
Please clearly indicate in your application if you would like to be considered for one of these positions.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
The closing date for application is 12th January 2018.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Careers page on the Nord Anglia Education website.
If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
St Andrews International School Bangkok, Primary School
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand