In Year 7 Science students have been 'BISB Superstar Scientists' by completing 8 science challenges out of a choice of 18. These challenges are designed to encourage our students to be inquisitive, independent learners at home and to carry on doing practical science wherever possible. The examples attached include:
• Making a pH scale from objects around the house
• Making a model of an atom using things you find outside
• Carrying out an investigation to see how salt and vinegar affect the size of gummy bears
• Carrying out an investigation to see how coloured water affects the colour of the petals in flowers
• Designing a trap door that could have been used by the Gladiators in the Colosseum.