North Broward Preparatory School believes there is no limit to what our students can achieve. Our Academic Honors Scholars, a program for students entering grade 9, are encouraged to be ambitious. To reach for their dreams. To step outside their comfort zones and try something new. We ignite their curiosity.
This competitive scholarship program was established to reward outstanding academic achievement, leadership, and community involvement. To be considered for one of these prestigious awards, you must apply no later than February 1.
All prospective academic scholars must:
- demonstrate an outstanding level of academic performance with a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in a very demanding curriculum in grade 7 and the first trimester or semester of grade 8
- take the SSAT prior to February 1 and report scores to North Broward Preparatory School
- be involved in a number of extra-curricular activities both inside and outside of school
- New, prospective students must first submit a completed application for admission no later than February 1. Please refer to the Upper School Application Checklist for a list of requirements.
- Submit the Academic Honors Scholarship Form by February 1.
- Take the SSAT prior to February 1 and indicate North Broward Preparatory School as a score recipient. Our school code is 5385. Students are allowed to submit SSAT scores more than once to the Office of Admissions. We will consider your highest combined score for scholarship consideration. Register for the SSAT here.
- If you are a current NBP student, submit academic records for grades 7 and 8. For new, prospective students, this requirement is included in the Upper School Application Checklist.
- Request the Academic Honors Scholarship Recommendation Form and letter to be completed by a Principal, Head of School, teacher, clergy member, coach or volunteer supervisor. This form and letter should be given to you in a sealed envelope, which is signed by the recommender upon the seal. Please note, this letter must come from a different recommender than who you have chosen to submit for your admission candidacy.
- Submit a list of extra-curricular activities both inside and outside of school. Evidence of membership in the National Junior Honor Society and other honors organizations is recommended.
- All Academic Honors Scholarship application materials must be submitted in person no later than February 1 to the Office of Admissions.
Candidates for the Academic Honors Scholarship are invited to participate in an interview with a member of the Scholarship Committee. During the interview, families learn about the unique educational and leadership opportunities available to students at North Broward Preparatory School.
After the interview, a selection committee identifies finalists who are recommended to receive the Academic Honors Scholarship based on the student’s overall academic achievement and performance during the interview. Scholarship recipients will be awarded and notified by March 15.