North Broward Preparatory School believes there is no limit to what our students can achieve. Our Academic Honors Scholars, a program for students entering grade 9, are encouraged to be ambitious. To reach for their dreams. To step outside their comfort zones and try something new. We ignite their curiosity.
This competitive scholarship program was established to reward outstanding academic achievement, leadership, and community involvement.
Students applying to North Broward Prep for Grade 9 and current North Broward Prep rising Grade 9 students are eligible for consideration. All students must:
- demonstrate an outstanding level of academic performance with a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in a very demanding curriculum in grade 7 and the first trimester or semester of grade 8
- be involved in a number of extra-curricular activities both inside and outside of school
New, prospective students applying for 9th grade are automatically considered for the Academic Honors Scholarship as long as the Office of Admissions receives a completed application for admission no later than February 1. Please refer to the Upper School Application webpage for a list of requirements.
For current North Broward Prep students entering 9th grade:
- Candidates must take the SSAT in either October, November or December and indicate North Broward Prep as a score recipient.
- The Office of Admissions will gather grades for grade 7 and 1st trimester of grade 8.
- Complete the Academic Honors Scholarship Application Form linked here. This form should be completed directly by the student no later than January 1.
We recommend students to participate in the Character Skills Snapshot on the SSAT. Certainly the reason you're seeking to enroll our child here is because you're interested in an education that focuses on instilling character values and encouraging personal growth. Similarly, we know that your child is much more than grades and test scores. That's why we're asking your child to take The Character Skills Snapshot as a part of their Academic Honors Scholarship application. It will give us richer, holisitc information about your child, and show us areas where our community can help them grow, thrive, and shine.
Upon review of the admission application, candidates for the Academic Honors Scholarship may be invited to participate in an interview with a member of the Scholarship Committee. During the interview, families learn about the unique educational and leadership opportunities available to students at North Broward Preparatory School. Students selected to be interviewed will be notified directly.
After the interview, a selection committee identifies finalists who are recommended to receive the Academic Honors Scholarship based on the student’s overall academic achievement and performance during the interview.
New, prospective scholarship recipients will be awarded and notified by March 1 along with their admission notification.
Current North Broward Prep students entering grade 9 who have applied will be notified no later than January 21.