This competitive scholarship program was established to reward outstanding academic achievement, leadership, and community involvement. To be considered for one of these prestigious awards, you must apply no later than February 1.
To be considered for this honors scholarship, students must first apply for admission separately by submitting the online application. Only students applying for 9th grade will be considered.
Students must take the SSAT prior to February 1 and report scores to North Broward Preparatory School.
Students must demonstrate an outstanding level of academic performance with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in a very demanding curriculum.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to North Broward Preparatory School by February 1.
- Submit the Academic Honors Scholarship Form by February 1.
- Take the SSAT and indicate North Broward Preparatory School as a score recipient. Our school code is 5385. Students are allowed to submit SSAT scores more than once to the Office of Admissions. We will consider your highest score for scholarship consideration. Register for the SSAT.
- If you are a current NBPS student, submit academic records for grades 7 and 8.
- If you are a current NBPS student, submit two letters of recommendation from a teacher, school administrator or clergy member.
- Submit a list of extra-curricular activities both inside and outside of school. Evidence of membership in the National Junior Honor Society and other honors organizations is recommended.
Selected candidates for the Academic Honors Scholarship are invited to participate in an interview with a member of the Scholarship Committee. During the interview, families learn about the unique educational and leadership opportunities available to students at North Broward Preparatory School.
After the interview, a selection committee identifies finalists whom are recommended to receive the Academic Honors Scholarship based on the student’s overall academic achievement and performance during the interview. Scholarship recipients will be awarded and notified by March 15.