The Arts Academy inspires tomorrow’s artists to make a positive impact on the world. We empower our career-minded artists with the dispositions and skills to achieve their goals beyond North Broward Preparatory School by focusing on artistic excellence; collaboration; venture artistry; and creative engagement with today’s audiences.
Arts Academy students train with professionals from our diverse faculty and staff to guest artists from top arts organizations. We offer pathways in visual art, dance, music, media arts, theatre, and interdisciplinary arts. In addition to their academic schedule, students hone their skills and develop their unique artistic voice through their core arts classes (12 credits) and afterschool performances, productions, and competitions.
Flexible Graduation Requirements
The Arts Academy is ideal for artists who want to spend more time engaged in their arts (during and after school).
The Arts Academy graduation requirements offer flexibility to our career-minded young artists. While working toward the 28 credit NBPS Arts Academy diploma, students will complete:
- 4 credits in English
- 3 credits of Math (Algebra I and beyond)
- 2 credits of Science (Biology, Chemistry/Physics)
- 2 credits of Social Science core subjects
- 2 credits of World Language in the same language completed sequentially in high school.*
- 3 additional academic credits in any of the departments above.
- 12 credits in Fine Arts as determined by major
- After school participation as determined by major
- 100 hours of documented community service through the arts.
* An international student who holds a foreign VISA and whose first language is not English are not required to take World Language courses for graduation. English courses fulfill the foreign language requirement for non-native English speakers.