The Village School participated in the 2017 Texas Private School Music Educators Association Instrumental State Solo & Ensemble Competition at the Fort Worth Country Day School recently.
This was the second round of competition on their chosen pieces from the UIL Prescribed Music List. In order to compete in this round of contest, students had to perform a Class 1 Solo and receive an I-Superior rating in the Region round of competition.
This is the third year in a row that Preston Y. received a Gold medal and the first time competing at State for all other students. This is also the most medals Village has received from this contest.
TPSMEA Solo and Ensemble State is traditionally for HS students, however Village has Elementary and Middle School music students, whose ability allows them to compete at this level.
We are extremely proud of these students and their teachers.
- Aleyna T. - 4th Grade - Violin Solo - I-Superior rating
- Madeline Y. - 4th Grade - Violin Solo - I-Superior rating
- Preston Y. - 5th Grade - Violin Solo - I-Superior rating
- Melania S. - 6th Grade - Violin Solo - I-Superior rating
- Hanna S. - 10th Grade - Cello Solo - I-Superior rating
- Aditya D. - 11th Grade - Piano Solo - I-Superior rating
- Middle School Brass Ensemble - Antonia K., Vlad P., Sarah A.and Megan G. - III-Good rating