I am pleased to be able to share some details of our Year 13 residential to Les Martinets, Switzerland (5-11 October 2019). This trip is a self-led expedition and the students have taken the lead in collaborating with Nord Anglia Education's expedition team to plan and devise their own itineraries based on their interests.
This expedition will give our students the opportunity to collaborate with their fellow students, connect with the environment, and develop valuable life skills such as leadership, self-reliance, risk taking, flexible thinking, organisation and perseverance. We believe this will be a memorable and motivating experience for every participant, giving them a sense of self-accomplishment.
We will depart from the school in two groups.
Group 1: The majority of students on the trip will fly out on the 5th of October and will be accompanied by Abirami Warrier and Ms. Salina Sankar. The flight details are as following :
- Flight AY86 Finnair departing Beijing at 10.55 am on the 5th of October and arriving in Geneva at 18.10 in the evening on the same day via Helsinki.
- Flight AY1532 Finnair departing Geneva at 10.50 am on the 11th of October and arriving in Beijing at 7.55 am on the 12th of October. The transit time in Helsinki is longer on our arrival flight.
Group 2: Students that have requested to be able to fly on the 6th of October because of their SAT exams will be accompanied by Mr. John Zheng. Their flight details are as following :
- Flight AY86 Finnair departing Beijing at 10.55 am on the 6th of October and arriving in Geneva at 18.10 in the evening on the same day via Helsinki.
- Flight AY1532 Finnair departing Geneva at 10.50 am on the 11th of October and arriving in Beijing at 7.55 am on the 12th of October.
The transit time in Helsinki is longer on our arrival flight. In addition to the three staff members mentioned, Mr. Richard Thornhill, Head of School will also join us on the trip directly in Geneva.
Arrival and Pick up Time from BSB:
- On both days of travel (5th and the 6th of October), the students need to arrive at school at 6:30 am. This is to ensure that we have enough time to complete all formalities particularly in light of the golden week rush at the airport.
- We also request parents to pick up their children on the 12th of October from school. We should reach school between 8.30 - 9.30 am. We will keep in touch with you and will also be reminding students of these timings.
For the first and last day of the stay we will be housed in the NAE expedition base in the Alpine village of Les Plan Sur. Apart from this, each group has planned their own itineraries with different kinds of accommodation (from small guest houses to chalets to mountain huts) .
Regular news and photo updates will be posted on our Residential Blog.
Please contact me if you have any questions!
Ms. Abirami Warrier
Assistant IB coordinator, Secondary French teacher