We are pleased to once again offer the chance for Y12 students to attend the NAE Tanzania Expedition this year. The dates that have been reserved for this trip are from 28th November to 5th December. This is always a very successful and rewarding trip for all concerned. Please see below some initial information that is important for the smooth running of this event, we will send more information nearer the time, but this letter is to inform you of the most basic requirements. If you need further information please do not hesitate to contact me on the email address below.
- Your child has been asked to bring in a copy of their passport along with a copy of their Chinese Visa page. We need this initial information to start our booking process. If the Passport/Visa is due for renewal, this is not a problem, please just let us know and we can work on an individual basis.
- On our global campus website there is a wealth of information regarding the trip that you child can access. We will be encouraging them to progress through some of the work that has been created on the site to better prepare them for the trip. The students will be going through this in their CAS periods in school.
- You will need to decide if your child will/will not take a course of preventative medication for Malaria. Please seek medical advice on this for your child.
- Students will be required to have a Yellow fever vaccination if they do not currently hold a Yellow Fever card. More information will be given in respect of this nearer the time.
- Many, but not all, nationalities require visas to enter Tanzania. We will be applying for these between 14th and 18th October.
- Students will require a rucksack not a suit case for their trip.
Please be aware that there will be information evening on September 11th in the Multipurpose Room at 5pm. We would highly recommend that you attend this evening as it will give you a full insight into what the students will be doing during their time in Tanzania and how highly valuable this experience is for the CAS component of the International Baccalaureate.
For questions, please contact Ms Lucy Thompson or Ms. Rebecca Mazie
Please see attachments below with important information.