We seek to strike a balance between performance and participation, not only enabling our most able sportspeople to achieve excellence, but also catering for the needs of all students in the context of a PE which is underpinned by a ‘sport for all’ philosophy. All students can experience co-curricular sport, and the valuable social and moral lessons it brings.
Our P.E. specialists and professional coaches provide high quality teaching and coaching, bringing with them wide experience of playing and coaching at a high level. Every encouragement is given to students to realise their full sporting potential whilst at BSBSY. This is supported by sports tours which widen the sporting and cultural experience of our students, while consolidating relationships and building new ones.
We aim to ensure that all students:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for a sustained period of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- are educated and encouraged to lead healthy active lives
- develop a lifelong love of a sport that will continue into later life
Please click on each link for details
Year 1 - 2
Year 3 - 4
Year 5 - 6
Year 7 - 9
Year 10 - 11