The British International School of Boston is a growing international, independent private school situated in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston, Massachusetts. We are a through school with students ranging from 18 months of age to 18 years of age.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Toddler teacher to work alongside the Toddler
Co-ordinator and develop this program. Our Toddler program is the starting point of the children’s educational journey through our school as such our children are given daily opportunities to focus on school readiness through enriching learning experiences.
The successful candidate will:
· Have a Bachelor’s( minimum) or a Master’s (preferable) degree in Early Childhood
· Be an EEC certified Lead Teacher
· Have prior experience working within a Toddler, Preschool or PreK program as a lead teacher
· Be able to supervise and mentor staff
· Complete appropriate paperwork and report to faculty and parents
· Adhere to all EEC and school regulations
· Be able to work as part of a team
· Be able to communicate with parents and faculty
· Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
· Be able to use initiative
· Participate in growing an existing program within a through school
· Be prepared to learn, implement and use the UK curriculum for this age group effectively (prior knowledge of the curriculum is not required)
· Form links with other departments in the school
We seek an individual with high expectations of children's achievements, who is able to demonstrate a commitment and desire to work in a team, and is fully committed to taking an active part in all areas of school life.
This individual should be flexible, positive, energetic, hard-working and have a sense of humor.
The position will commence on 24th August 2015.
Please submit all letters of application and resumes including details of referees to firstname.lastname@example.org