The British International School of Boston currently has the following position available:
Teaching Assistant positions for Toddler, Pre-school and 4th/5th Grade
Hours of work: 7.45am-4pm (term time only)
Duties will include:
· Assisting in ensuring the health and safety of the children at all times
· Providing input to the overall planning of the curriculum and for individual children through careful and targeted observations
· Providing individual, group and class learning opportunities under the direction of the classroom teacher
· Supervising the children during lunch and other non curriculum times
· Helping to ensure that the learning environment is tidy, inviting and stimulating.
The successful candidate will have:
· Experience with Pre-School or Elementary aged children
· A strong interest and commitment to the education and well-being of children
· An understanding of how children learn
· A good humoured, flexible and collaborative professional demeanour
· Excellent communication skills
If you are interested in joining the Lower School team on our beautiful international campus and feel that you have the necessary skills to further develop the learning of our wonderful students, please submit your resume, a brief letter outlining your relevant experiences and contact details for at least 2 referees. Please ensure that your application has the heading, Toddler Teaching Assistant, Pre-school Teaching Assistant or 4th/5th Grade Teaching Assistant.
Compensation is $24,000 per annum depending on experience and includes health benefits.
The successful candidates must be available to start work within 2 weeks of an offer of employment.
Successful candidates for any of the positions available are required to pass a CORI check and complete fingerprinting that is required by MA law. The British International School of Boston is an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit applications, cover letter and professional references to Carly.Ostasiewski@bisboston.org.