About The British International School of Chicago, South Loop
The British International School of Chicago, South Loop (BISC-SL) is seeking a Learning Assistant to join its dynamic staff. BISC-SL is a highly successful and the fastest growing school in Chicago and has established a reputation for excellence in the Chicago market. The contemporary, learning-driven school is located in the South Loop area of Chicago, serving both American and international families.
In this position the chosen candidate will be the first point of contact for the school and will provide administrative support. He/she will handle the flow of the people and ensure all Receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered in a timely manner. As a Receptionist the main focus will be customer service, clerical work including, but not limited to, taking phone calls, payments, and emails from parents and staff, and communication with parents, students, and staff members.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- To work and share within the life of the school according to the above job purpose.
- To participate fully in the development, safety, health and welfare of the children.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming & directing them appropriately
- Assist parents/guardians in various tasks with a helpful and positive demeanor
- Answer, forward, and note incoming phone calls while providing information when needed
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (raptor, monitor logbook etc.)
- Take accurate notes of phone calls and general office meetings
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel
- Record and manage attendance records and assisted with other administrative tasks
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as answering phones, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Assists in receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Print out students or staff id’s if needed
- Proven working experience in customer service roles
- Management and people skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- Professional appearance and attitude
The receptionist operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k.
Nord Anglia Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Nord Anglia Education complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.