Congratulations to all of the NBPS 2018 Broward County National History Day (NSD) participants and winners! Eighteen students accepted the NHD challenge and spent endless hours recreating, reconstructing, rewriting, and re-filming their projects for the county competition. All first and second place winners will advance on to the state competition, Florida History Day, in Tallahassee on May 6-8, 2018.
National History Day (NSD) students spent the school year delving into a topic based on the theme Conflict & Compromise in History. Participants were encouraged to explore what lead them down the path of discovery of not just what occurred, but how it occurred and, most importantly, why it happened and what the consequences were. Students used their critical thinking skills to examine the factors that contributed to the development of the event they selected, its influence on history, and the effect it had on the community, society, nation, and the world.
- First Place - Graham Mathieu (exhibit)
- Third Place - Anthony Weiss (documentary)
- Honorable Mention - Anna Shatalova (website)
- First Place
- Hilary Wong (historical paper)
- Madelyn Markman (documentary)
- Lily Kalandjian, Bailey Fawcett, Payton Fawcett (exhibit)
- Madison McEwen and Fiona Hecker (website)
- Second Place
- Dylan Jost and Evan Laufman (performance)
- Anand Sharma (website)
Congratulations to all of our students for all of the hard work. We would also like to thank the parents for all of their support throughout the NHD journey. We truly appreciate all of the time and effort put forth to help make your child’s project competition ready.