The SEL committee does this by:
- Developing expertise in SEL and identifying strategies that support the social and emotional growth of all students and staff.
- Communicating information related to schoolwide SEL to all stakeholders throughout the school community.
- Engaging and partnering with the school community to fully implement schoolwide SEL.
- Encouraging a sense of shared ownership over schoolwide SEL.
- Modeling social and emotional competencies.
- Monitoring and engaging in ongoing reflection around implementation and outcome data.
- Using data reflection to inform ongoing planning and SEL implementation.
We will aim to build awareness of, commitment to, and ownership of SEL throughout our entire community. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Marge Dougherty and/or Akeem Cedeno.