"Our top 10 IGCSE students have been with us for a combined total of 70 years! This is a true testament to the education we provide and the commitment of our wonderful students.” —
Mr. Mark Thomas, Principal
IGCSEs are some of the most academically challenging qualifications currently on offer to 14-16 year old students worldwide. Taken before they embark on the A-levels, students generally study for two years in ten subjects and upon passing externally marked exams are awarded qualifications in a full range of core subjects including languages, sciences, humanities, social sciences, arts and design and mathematics. Top universities around the world look to these qualifications as a benchmark of academic performance when considering applications.
Our continued success is a testament to BSG’s high academic standards, excellent teaching and the hard work and dedication of students as we continue to outperform UK national averages.
- 51% of all IGCSE grades achieved by BSG students achieved A* or A. This is compared to the 2017-18 UK average of 21%.
- The percentage of our students achieving five A* - C grades, including English and Maths IGCSE, is 94%.
IGCSE results across Nord Anglia Education schools have also been outstanding:
- 1,659 Nord Anglia Education students took the I/GCSEs in 2018, from 31 NAE schools around the world.
- 50% of all I/GCSE grades achieved by NAE students were A* or A (or equivalent). This is two and a half times the 2018 UK average of 20.5%.
- Nearly 85% of our students achieved five or more A* to C grades, including English and Maths.
- 90.2% of students’ grades were A* to C (or equivalent). This is 23% higher than the UK average of 66.9%. This is the first year that NAE’s group average has risen above 90%.
- For six consecutive years, NAE students have exceeded the UK average of A* or A grades and A* to C grades.
- 18 schools achieved their best year of A* to C grades since joining the NAE family of schools.
On behalf of our school community, we would like to take this opportunity to thank our teachers for always inspiring and challenging our students to achieve more than what they may have thought possible.