In our ever-evolving digital era, it is vital that we address the challenges our children may encounter while navigating online spaces. With this in mind, I am pleased to invite all Primary School Parents to participate in an upcoming Online Safety Parents training session. This session aims to equip us with the knowledge and tools necessary to safeguard our children from potential risks.
The training will take place on Monday, September 25th, from 8:30 to 9:30 in the 3rd Floor IB Hub/ Library. Primary parents are welcome to drop in.
During this session, we will cover several critical topics related to online safety, including:
1. Cyberbullying: Understanding and effectively addressing instances of cyberbullying to create a safe and respectful online environment for our children.
2. Inappropriate Content: Recognizing and addressing the risks associated with encountering inappropriate and harmful content online, and implementing strategies to protect our children from exposure.
3. Screen Time: Exploring the impact of excessive screen time on our children's well-being and learning, and discussing strategies for promoting a balanced approach to technology usage.
4. Addiction to Games: Understanding the signs and risks of excessive gaming habits, and leaning how to support our children in developing healthy gaming habits.
5. Unwanted Contact and Grooming: Raising awareness about the dangers of unwanted contact and grooming, and discussing measures to ensure our children's online interactions are safe.
6. Responsible Sharing of Personal Information: Educating our children about the importance of safeguarding personal information and promoting responsible online behaviour.
By addressing these topics, we aim to foster a secure and supportive digital environment for our children. Please click to see our "BSB Protocol for Online Communication" which outlines the guidelines and expectations for online interactions by our children within our school community.
We strongly encourage your active participation in this important training session. Your presence and engagement will contribute to the collective effort of creating a safer online space for our children.
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you, and we look forward to your participation next Monday!
Primary Computing Leader
Please click to download "BSB Protocol for Online Communication"