ISTA is an "international theatre learning hub" that develops students and teachers in innovative theatre practice.
The host of its annual Festival this year is The British School of Beijing, Shunyi, with the Head of Drama, Ms Heidi Arnold, leading the way in coordinating the event.
Participating students and teachers are coming from schools across China and Asia.
The schools involved are:
- The British School of Beijing, Shunyi
- Dulwich College Beijing, China
- International School of Beijing, China
- Nanjing International School, China
- Taipei American School, Taiwan
- United World College of South East Asia - East Campus, Singapore
- Western Academy of Beijing, China
- UNIS, Hanoi, Vietnam
Participants will begin to arrive in Shunyi from Thursday afternoon (26th February), with the formalities starting on Friday morning with a "meet and greet" event for participants that involves a tour of the Lama Temple, a special landmark in downtown Beijing.
Stay tuned to this Live Blog for updates during the Festival.