We provide a nursing station to attend to health concerns and day-to-day minor ailments of our students in a warm and caring environment.
Our nurses are also equipped to deal with more serious emergencies, in particular food allergies, and work closely with teaching staff and the cafeteria to create a healthy environment for students.
Our Health Policy is as follows:
- If your child has a temperature of greater than 37.5°C, he or she will be sent home. Parents will be contacted to come collect their child; they are then to have a further 24 hours off after temperature has gone, without any medication.
- If your child has diarrhea or is vomiting he or she will be sent home. Parents will be contacted to come collect and take their child home and will need 24 hours off school following last episode of vomiting or diarrhea before returning.
- If your child has head lice, he or she will be sent home. Parents will be contacted to come collect and take their child. The student can then return following proper head lice treatment has been given and no live lice visible.
- If your child has an infectious disease (hand foot and mouth disease, chicken pox, scarlet fever, etc) he or she will be sent home. Parents will be contacted to come collect and take their child home. The student can then return after receiving a written diagnosis from a doctor saying they are clear to return.
- All medications brought into school for pupils needs to come in via the Nurse Office, and to be left with the nurses for the school day. The Parent or Guardian will also need to fill in the relevant form; if this does not happen then the pupil will not be able to receive the medication.
- If your child has any serious sickness/ injury not already known to us, please could you also tell at the earliest convenience.
You are welcome to contact the Nurse Office at any time concerning the health of your child. As a reminder, please let the nurses know of any update in pre-existing medical conditions, operations or illnesses so we can provide the best care for your child.
8047 3588 Ext 2519/2562