Our BSB Teams are participating at the World Scholar's Cup (WSC) Tournament of Champions at Yale University from 8-13 November.
Please see an update received live from Yale currently 12 November evening (EST)
Junior Scholars bring home the silverware!! All of our Junior Scholars walked away from the World Scholars Cup with at least one award.
- Our biggest win was Overall Individual Creative Writing Gold medal going to Scarlett Moseley. Scarlett beat over 2000 other Scholars by winning this award, superb effort!
- Joseph Hei and Sarah Wang both win a Gold medal for Creative Writing (placed in the top 100).
- Brandon Zhang wins Silver medals in Individual Debate (placed top 150) and Creative Writing.
- Leticia Cella Xia, Scarlett Moseley and Anny Singh collectively win gold medals for Collaborative Writing (placed 8th).
- The girls also picked up other places medals.
This completes the competition for the juniors. Tomorrow we will see how the Seniors get on in their competition.
Mr. Chris Planchant, Head of Year 11
Today the Seniors were lucky enough to have a day off from the tournament to explore New York City. Facing minus degree temperatures and rain, this didn’t stop both Jamie and Russell from seeing the sites.
After leaving Grand Central, we saw Times Square, the Empire State Building, Maddison Square Garden, 911 memorial and then took a ferry tour of The Statue of Liberty all whilst braving the gale wind.
We had a long list of culinary treats to try while in NYC, so lunch of course consisted of a slice of pie (pizza), followed by New York style cheese cake and mozzarella sticks. We took a tour of Central Park and Harlem, first seeing where the rich and famous once lived liked John Lennon, Frida Kahlo and Tupac. Finally we finished the day at the Museum of New York learning about the people who fought to create the New York we know and love today.
Ms. Megan Sinclair, BSB Admissions Manager, Chaperone for Seniors Team
Please stay tuned for more updates on our School Trips blog.