BSB has an active instrumental programme in the Primary school. All students in Years 1-6 participate in the Primary Instrumental Programme (PIPs).
- In Year 1 and Year 2, they study the recorder.
- In Years 3-6, students have lessons on violin, cello, guitar, flute, clarinet, French horn, trumpet or trombone.
- In Year 3, all students rotate for one month to try out each instrument.
- In Year 4, they choose which instrument they would like to study in depth and continue with that instrument until the end of Year 6.
Students are always excited for their hour of PIPs and show such enthusiasm in the lessons. Our more advanced students take private lessons and participate in our instrumental ensembles.
- On Tuesdays, Mr. Maia leads the Junior Orchestra for cellists and violinists.
- On Thursdays, Mr. Leo, the trombone teacher, conducts the Junior Wind Band for all of our wind players.
Both ensembles, along with all Year 4-6 students, have been working very hard preparing for their performances in the annual Music Circuses.
- 23rd April Strings Music Circus at 1:30pm
- 25th April Winds Music Circus at 1:30pm
Please enjoy the pictures of the PIPs lessons and instrumental ensemble rehearsals!
Ms. Haley Clark
Director of Music
Click to read in Chinese
Click to read in Korean