Click to read in Chinese
The British School of Beijing (BSB) Shunyi is delighted to announce a fantastic opportunity for our students provided in collaboration with Articulus Children’s Opera. The Articulus team is comprised of world class musicians based in China and abroad. Their work involves adapting the great operatic masterpieces for young performers. This educational outreach culminates in an intensive summer training programme overseen by professional musicians and educators culminating in an exceptional performance opportunity complete with sets, costumes, props and lighting at a state of the art and prestigious Beijing based concert venue. The performance is accompanied by a full symphony orchestra comprised of talented young musicians from across China.
Children who are fortunate enough to participate in the upcoming summer programme will to be supported and trained by expert professional vocal and instrumental musicians. Children will learn how to perform these specially commissioned, child friendly versions of the score and libretto. Students who are fortunate enough to participate in the summer programme will not only learn about the opera genre but also get the opportunity to perform on a professional stage.
50 years of Diplomatic Relations between China and Germany
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and Germany and is supported by BSB Shunyi. Therefore, to commemorate this milestone, this year’s Articulus Children’s Opera production will be an adaptation of Wagner’s ‘The Flying Dutchman’. The production is made possible by the support and patronage of the German and Austrian embassies in China. The performance of Articulus Children’s Opera’s production will take place at the Beijing Concert Hall.
Students who are selected for the summer programme will attend a series of rehearsals and workshops that will take place between 2nd and 11th August 2022 at BSB Shunyi. The programme is open to students who are six years and older.
- 2nd August-11th August 2022: Chorus and cast rehearsals and workshops.
- 5th August - 11th August 2022: Orchestral rehearsals and workshops.
Students can audition for two summer programmes that will take place simultaneously:
- Vocal auditions: Students who are selected for this programme will be taught to perform on stage in costume as cast members.
- Instrumental Auditions: Students who can play orchestral instruments to a Grade 4 ABRSM level and higher are invited to audition for the instrumental programme. Students who are selected will perform as members of a full symphony orchestra accompanying the performers on stage.
Students can also choose to audition for both programmes and could be allocated to either the Vocal or Instrumental stream.
If you would like your child to audition, please complete the application below:
Click here to sign up for auditions.
Once you have signed up, we will send you your time slot and audition details.
- Auditions: Free of Charge
- Vocal Programme: RMB 12,800
- Instrumental Programme: RMB 11,800