What can you expect?
Inspiring lessons from your child’s teacher make every virtual school day an engaging one. Your early years child will:
- Take part in real-time lessons with their world-class teachers every day using a safe and secure platform
- Have fun trying new activities online and offline
- Develop essential skills and nurture curiosity through independent learning and play
- As parents, you will receive regular updates from your child’s teachers on their progress and achievements.
Fun Learning Interactive Packs FLIPs
Flip is a package of learning resources designed to support and enhance the learning of our very youngest students in the home environment. Every two weeks, EYFS parents will receive notification from their Class Teacher when new FLIPs are ready for collection at the school's Security Office.
What is in a FLIP?
In each student’s FLIP is a range of resources with activity guidelines to structure the learning in the key areas of Phonics, Maths, Talk 4 Writing, Understanding our World, Fine Motor skills and Chinese.
Do I need to buy any equipment or material for my child?
No, parents do not need to purchase anything. All of the necessary resources will be provided in the pack for the outlined activities.
How will I know what to do with the resources?
In each FLIP there will be Activity Cards. Please see examples in Download Section below. The activity cards will:
- outline the learning objective for each activity
- have a photo showing which resources to use
- provide suggestions on how to approach the activity with your child
- provide translations in Chinese
What about the online learning on Tapestry – should my child still do this? Will it be the same content as the FLIP?
The learning on Tapestry and the learning provided through FLIPs will cover the same content and learning objectives. However, the learning provided through a FLIP will be able to be more hands’ on, making best use of the appropriate concrete materials provided by school.
Parents and students should still make use of Tapestry to watch the videos posted several times per week by their class teacher.