The role entails acting as a mentor to the whole Kindergarten Outdoor Learning Project as we respond to children’s wants and needs in the outdoor area. We want to develop an outdoor classroom which we can use all year round, and throughout the school day.
- You will help us by honing the design (much has been achieved already) to ensure that we achieve a flexible learning space that optimizes learning flow throughout the whole Kindergarten area (indoor and outdoor).
- You will lead and advise us on world-leading examples such as ‘Nature Kindergartens’
- You will facilitate exchange visits to recognized leading centres of early years excellence.
- Act as a mentor to all the individual members of the Kindergarten Team. This is about growing our team and growing the individuals within our team. The focus will be on establishing a world-class Early Years provision within the framework of the IB’s Primary Year Programme. Many of the team have limited experience of early years education outside of ICS and we need exposure to best practice.
In September 2014, investment was approved to enhance the Kindergarten Playground at International College Spain: our Outdoor Learning Project.
The project team (which includes the whole of the kindergarten Team, plus Coordinator and Head of School) have worked hard to establish the pedagogical basis for a design for the outdoor area. This, in turn, became a Unit of Professional Inquiry for the team, who (continue to) share professional and academic resources. The team quickly came to realize that in order to maximize the opportunity afforded by a substantial capital investment that they needed to review the whole of their practice.
The conclusions from their work, to date suggests:
- that the outdoor area should be designed to be an outdoor classroom
- that the outdoor area needed to be designed to facilitate child-led inquiry based learning
- that the PYP is the curriculum framework of choice
- that the new physical arrangement needs to be planned for ‘flow’ in learning, throughout the whole of the (indoor and outdoor) Kindergarten
- that assessment, evaluation and reporting need to be revised to match a revised pedagogical approach
The Kindergarten Team have continued to plan, adapt and create a blueprint for the outdoor area. Their work is heavily influenced by the ‘Nature Kindergarten’ movement and the outdoor area project’s strap line is: “Putting the Garden Back Into Kindergarten”
Tenders open : Wednesday 14 January 2015
Tenders close: Wednesday 21 January 2015 (1200 hours)
Tenders decided: Friday 23 January 2015
Successful tender notified: Friday 23 January 2015
Start date: Monday 26 January 2015
End date: Tuesday 30 June 2015
This is a fixed daily-rate tender, so the winning tender will be based upon the quality of the offer, rather than the price.
Applications are welcome from suitably qualified and experienced persons, who have the legal right to live and work in Spain and the EU.
Applications will need to include:
- a Curriculum Vitae, outlining the experience, qualifications and competencies to provide these services
- a letter of application, outlining what kind of process you would wish to guide us through
- the names and contact details of two professional references
- an email address, which will be used to transmit the decision of offer from the school.
This post is subject to Nord Anglia Education and ICS Safeguarding and Child Protection protocols. The successful tender will need to provide criminal records/police checks and child protection documentation.
Applications will need to be sent in a sealed envelope by the closing date, marked:
Tender for Service: Early Years Advisory Services
Ms Raquel Pariente (Business Manager)
International College Spain
Calle Vereda Norte, 3