Welcome Morning is an opportunity for students to drop into school with their parents between the hours of 9am and 12pm. The aim of the morning is to ensure that all students- new and returning – are familiar with the Primary building, their classroom and class teacher before the first full day of the new school year on Tuesday 21st August.
Who should come to our Welcome Morning?
The Welcome Morning is for both new and returning students. We highly recommend that in particular all new students participate in our Welcome Morning to facilitate a smooth start to the new school year at their new school.
What happens during Welcome Morning?
Welcome Morning is an opportunity for all students to:
- find their new classroom
- meet their new teacher and teaching assistant
- complete beginning of the new school year tasks
During Welcome Morning parents can:
- meet their child’s class teacher and share information with them about their child
- meet, and discuss any concerns with, the Primary Leadership Team who will be present in the Primary building throughout the morning
- purchase school uniform, complete other school-related tasks as needed
- Students can only come into school with their parents on this day – they cannot be left at school unsupervised.
- Parents and students can come into school any time between 9am and 12pm on this day. There will not be any formal presentations from staff members on this day.
- There are no formal lessons on this day. Students are invited to visit their classroom with their parent at a time which suits them.
- Students should expect to spend between 45 – 60 minutes in their classroom.
- Children do not have to wear school uniform on this day. They do not need to bring a school bag or any equipment. They do not need to bring anything to eat.
- Timetables will be sent home with students on the first full day of the school year – Tuesday August 21st.
Do you have a question about our Primary Welcome Morning?
Please contact the Head of Primary, Nonie Adams: firstname.lastname@example.org