- Full scope processing of bi-weekly payroll, including time and attendance adjustments, off-cycle payments & deductions, maintenance of employee schedules, pay rules, reconciliations, etc.
- Inputs and maintenance of HRIS employee data and associated payroll deductions, including salary adjustments, deductions, etc.
- Provides administrative support for offer/termination letters, special reports, background checks, verification of employment, mail distribution, confidential filing, phone coverage, scanning and indexing employee files.
- Supports recruitment and placement activities by posting jobs, establishing recruitment files, and preparation of new hire packages.
- Processes new hire paperwork including benefits
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains record keeping
- HRIS data entry and HR reporting
- Creates and manage personnel files
- Assists with benefit administration to include health, dental, life, and retirement plans
- Assist with STD, LTD, FMLA and other leave of absence claims, correspondence, and record keeping
- Responds to routine questions or inquiries, and refer non-routine items to appropriate Human Resource personnel for action.
- Continuous follow up on open items to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Various other HR related duties, projects and tasks, as assigned
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong knowledge of Texas employment laws and regulations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of office software applications and Google Docs.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines, managing several projects simultaneously.
- A positive and strong customer service attitude and desire to assist others is essential.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business related field required
- HR Certification a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in HR/Payroll support.