Around 40 parents attended the workshop which focused on:
· Relocating and the impact of transition
· Parents’ own support needs and capacity to respond to their children
· How children’s behaviour should be recognised as a means of communication
· The importance of structure and routine
· Parents role modelling positive skills
The power point presentation below has the slides from the event which led to an interactive workshop with activities and provocations that facilitated group conversations and networking.
Thank you to the DCA for arranging this and to everyone who attended and contributed to this informative and at times moving event.