As part of their IGCSE Global Citizenship IGCSE course, Year 10 have chosen to focus on climate change and will be hosting an ‘Earth Day’ on Friday 10th June 2016.
- Non uniform day for all students and staff – ‘green’ themed! Wear as much green as possible and donate $2 to the charity Greenpeace
- Secondary assembly led by Year 10 Global Citizenship class
- Year 10 Students will be going into selected Year 2 classes to teach a lesson on Climate Change and Habitats (Thanks Year 2 for supporting this!)
- A PPT of 6 facts will be shared across Secondary and Primary classes – the PPT is split into 6 slides (1 for each lesson) and the idea is to keep the theme running throughout the day
- Letters for change – the students are writing a letter to KAL transport to ‘encourage’ them to reduce their prices and widen their bus network to allow for increased use of their service in order to reduce the cars driving to school each day
- Students also suggested that teachers could limit the amount of electricity used in their classrooms.