Purpose of the Job
To assist the IT Manager and the IT department in daily operational support. To act as liaison with teachers and key stakeholders to support daily IT helpdesk requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience:
- Diploma / Degree in Information Technology or its equivalent. Certification in ITIL and CompTIA+ would be advantageous.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in helpdesk or onsite support with strong support skillset.
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Windows, OSX, iOS, hardware, software, server and networking. Experience in Office 365 and Active Directory would be an advantage.
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work under pressure and well with others and in a team environment
- Fast learner in a fast pace environment
- Ability to retain new skills
- Experience working with different cultures
- Proficiency in English is a must
- Fresh graduates will be considered
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential functions:
- Level 1 Help Desk duties-responsibilities will increase with training
- Assist in troubleshooting, such as, but not limited to:
- Password resets
- Printer configurations, ordering and changing of toners
- Desktop, laptop, Mac and other user device support
- Break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations, hardware repair including in-house repair (projectors & smartboards).
- Assist in coordinating software/hardware requests in coordination with managers requirements.
- Assist in Desktop/Laptop imaging, computer/mobile setup and distribution.
- Devices supported under Desktop Support Scope include, but not limited to:
- Desktop/Laptop/Smart Phone
- Audio Mixer/AV equipment
- Analogue CCTV/IP Camera
- VoIP Phone
- Participates in technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, and new technological resources for improvements.
- Assist in identifying the need for system and network upgrades, as well as configurations and storage updates.
- Assist in ensuring hardware/software security within the workplace.
- Assist in setting up and supporting AV equipment as and when necessary.
- Ensuring that all IT asset and inventory are tracked and up to date.
- Create and update technical documentation of operating procedures as needed
- Supports Hall / Outdoor A/V requirements for assembly and events.
- Assists the Music Department with their technology and audio/video equipment.
Asset & Vendor Management
- Promotes responsible usage and care of company equipment.
- User relocation
- VOIP phone deployment & troubleshooting
- Media Wall related issues
- Change of printer toner, remove paper jam, increase printer credit
- Printer report extraction
Vendor escort and assembly stand-by duties
- All staff are required to manage effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organization.
- All Staff must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation, and should conform to professional and ethical requirements.