- Registered Data Protection Officer for the school
- Maintain a clear understanding of the Data Protection Act and the implications that it has for managing school data and ensure that the School complies with the Data Protection Act and works towards GDPR compliance.
- To keep abreast of industry changes in data management standards and products and to advise ELT in this regard.
- To be responsible for reviewing and informing the school about any forthcoming version changes to products used, ensuring minimal impact and disruptions.
- To annually undertake a systems analysis to map the systems current used within the school and identify key data capture points, key areas to improve on and to ensure accurate data analysis. Use the gathered information to make recommendations to ELT for security enhancements.
- To train staff on Data Protection guidance and ensure compliance with the laws in Singapore.
- Working with EUVIC, IT department and central HQ, integrate user accounts with active directory network accounts and ensure all new users are set up in accordance with agreed naming conventions.
- Audit and document the system configuration to ensure correct allocation of functions and permissions and undertake annual data integrity checks to ensure system accounts match AD accounts.
- Enable new users and any staff undertaking revised roles to receive all required system access permissions relating to their academic and activity functions.
Training & User Support
- Undertake the induction of new staff in the use of the MIS system and provide inhouse training and support for staff in using iSAMs including creating appropriate training materials and resources for new staff induction and to cover new system features being deployed.
- To act as the main point of contact for the database for all staff.
- Document the workflow procedures for the yearly use of the MIS system and amend with any revision or changes.
- Liaise with users and iSAMs about any errors, development requests, and problems encountered and undertake troubleshooting of MIS system software and services.
- Assist with the preparation of related inspections and ensure that we are following all NAE regional IT guidance’s related to information technology policies and procedures.
- Ensure we are always locally compliant in terms of Data Protection.
- Monitor database operations to ensure optimal performance at all times.
- Undertake regular maintenance of the system to remove unused data and where required add and amend additional tables, reports, lists etc. (in liaison with MIS system supplier)
- In liaison with other key member of the team such as the EdTech, IT Manager coordinate the integration between the database and other current and future school databases and systems.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of iSAMs and other MIS modules currently in use in conjunction with responsible academic & administrative staff
- Remove access to the database for leaving Staff.
- With Academic Team Working to the school's reporting cycle prepare and provide all tracking sheets and report templates.
- Working with the Academic Team to create pupil academic reports and upload to the parent portal and to ensure academic data is in place and available.
- In conjunction with the Exams Officer, assist with examinations preparation, data entry, import and analysis process of results data. Add remarked exam results to the system and assist the Exams Officer with email communication of exam results.
Annual Academic & Administrative annual rollover
- Complete all necessary preparation and provision of the system for each academic year, to include importing new users, timetable, calendar, events, and meeting data.
- Set up all required class lists, groups, for academic and activity use.
- Undertake all ongoing revisions to data such as timetable changes.
- Undertake regular maintenance tasks such as the annual rollover of data and the archiving of staff leavers (in liaison with HR and IT).
- Assist the relevant Deputy Head in the production of the School Academic Timetable.
- Uplift the School Academic Timetable on to iSAMs including allocation of classrooms and staff.
Project and Development Duties
- Coordinating with the EdTech and IT Manager on any upgrades or system developments.
- Implement Business Intelligent tools (Power BI)
- Data Analysis to improve student learning and performance.
- Integration of Finance (NAVISION) and any other MIS Database
- Roll out of relevant apps (iTeacher, iStudent and iParent)
- SSRS Reporting – Custom reports and Termly school reports.
- To define and implement the MIS support model needed across the school.
- To define the processes to increase the proactivity and efficiency of this support.
- To liaise with different staff and vendors to provide support which meets the user expectations.
- To train users on the new application