ಫೇರ್ವೆಲ್ ಸ್ನೇಹಿತ * (Good bye friend)
A farewell in 4T by Slidely Slideshow
Link : http://slide.ly/view/5f824fc3bc1de04398566d181c073467
Dear Chitra and Kumar, Abhinav and Anakha,
On behalf of the TX community, let me wish you a safe trip back home and a smooth transition for the children. We hope you’ll settle in quickly. As the children will start school in June due to the local academic calendar, please send us some pictures and updates. It will be good to see them in their new life.
We’ll miss you (and your cooking at the next potluck) during our parents' gatherings. Abhinav and Anakha will be missed in their class too.
All the best and don’t forget TX too soon!
I hope the online translator gave a good translation of "good bye friend", in Kannada and not a funny one. ;) . And for those who wonder what Kannada is, it’s the language spoken in the state of Karnataka, where Bangalore is located.
Vietnamese Morning Coffee
I must admit I'm pretty excited about the Vietnamese Coffee Morning as I know what our Vietnamese parents have in store for us. It will also be the opportunity to meet Nicky, a new parent and welcome her properly.
- When: Tuesday, 17th May
- Time: 8:00 to 10:00am
- Where: Multi-purpose room
- Dress code: Ao Dai (but if you don’t have one, you still can join ;) )
- If you want to travel back in time, just make a stop at Idecaf to discover Vietnam in the 80s. The photo exhibit is free of charge.
- Charity yard sale from AFV (french association) on Saturday 21st May. It’s a second hand sale, most of the participants will be families and children who will sell toys, games and books. It’s different from a bazaar as there are no professional sellers. Yard sales are popular events in France during the spring and summer seasons, every village and city has at least one during those months.
- "Imagine" is a dance show produced by Dance Center and featuring Jazz, ballet, Hip hop, Flamenco etc…They have 2 dates for the show; June 4th and June 5th. Tickets can be purchased online at: https://ticketbox.vn/event/imagine-60741/34794
Summer is coming…
- Do you need a plan to keep your little ones (and less little ones) busy? Depending on what you are looking for, we are giving you a few ideas in this week's newsletter.
For the active kiddos:
- Dancenter offers a large varieties of workshops from June 20th to August 26th. It’s flexible, it can be one day or a whole week. There are three age groups; 4 to 6, 7 to 11, and 9 to 15 years old. For all details on timings and the program, please visit: http://www.dancentervn.com/news/1342-summer-dance-camp.html
For the adventurers:
- Ta Lai Long House is having 2 adventure camps (June 27th to July 1st and July 18th to July 22nd). The children will go hiking, biking and be engaged in many challenges etc…The detailed program of the 5 day camp is available on their website along with the price. http://talai-adventure.vn
- Asia Motion offers a similar camp and all information can be found following this link: http://asia-motions.com/summer-camps/
For the studious:
- BVIS is hosting a summer school. The following programmes will be on offer: EYFS (F1-3), KS1 (Y1-2), KS2 (Y3-6), KS3 (Y7-9) and Y10. These programmes will run full day from 08:30am until 15:50pm. To know more about the programmes visit: http://www.bvisvietnam.com/blog/en/bvis-summer-school-2016/