On Saturday 4th June BIS will host its annual Aquathlon.
An Aquathlon is a fun and fast-growing sport that combines both swimming and running.
Years 1 to 6 will be competing in the An Phu Primary swimming pool and the school athletics track. The race briefing will take place at 6.45am and the first race will begin at 7.00am.
- Year 1&2: 40m swim (4 widths) / 200 run (1 lap)
- Year 3: 150m swim (6 lengths) / 800m run (4 laps)
- Year 4: 200m swim (8 lengths) / 800m run (4 laps)
- Year 5: 250m swim (10 lengths) / 1km run (5 laps)
- Year 6: 300m swim (12 lengths) / 1km run (5 laps)
Competitors aged 11 and above will be swimming in the An Phu Secondary pool and the run will follow a safe route around Nguyen Van Huong. The race briefing will take place at 6.45am and the first race will begin at 7.00am.
In both races, boys and girls will set off at the same time but they will not race against each other. The distances for each age group are:
- 11 - 13 years: 300m swim, 1.5 km run
- 14 - 17 years: 400m swim, 2.5 km run
- Parents/Staff: 400m swim, 4km run
Please note the ages for this event will be taken as of 1st August 2015 (the start of this academic year).
Students may wish to enter individually or as part of a team (where one student does the swimming and the other the run).
If your you or your child would like to participate, please confirm you attendance on CHQ by clicking the green Yes button, complete the attached form and return it to any member of the PE department by Monday 30th May.
Phil Husband | Director of Sport / Head of Sec PE
Job Opportunity: Aquatics Director