Vietnamese Coffee Morning, a Farewell and Sad News
Our Vietnamese parents had their second meeting in order to plan the Vietnamese morning coffee, which will be held on Tuesday 17th May at 8:00am until 10:00am in the Multi-purpose Room. Don’t miss it, they have a lot of surprises for us and remember the dress code is, "Ao Dai".
Yesterday, it was time to spend a last lunch with Rani and Chitra who are now returning to India. The lunch took place at Um vegetarian restaurant. The food was delicious and every one had a great time. We wish them all the best for next week (packing days!!!), and a safe journey back home. Bengaluru (Bangalore) is their destination so you know you have friends there ;). Chitra and Rani, we'll miss you. You've been very active members of the parent group, thank you for your time, your joy and for sharing your culture with us.
P.S. If you miss the lunch you have until the 13th May to say Good Bye to Chitra and the 22nd May for Rani ;)
Farewell Lunch by Slidely Photo Gallery
Community Service News
ARC told us they’ll keep us informed regarding Willard and Jojo, the 2 dogs, TX parents financially supported. Unfortunately, Koto has sad news to deliver. Here is her message:
I have to deliver very sad news.
The vet, Dr. Nghia finally decided Willard, the skinny dog's suffering had gone beyond the joy of living. We had to put him to sleep on April 29th at 8 AM.
For several days, he had stopped eating and was not able to lift body up; he was in a great pain.
He was surrounded by the club mic staff and ARC staff, Regine who was the only person he allowed to touch was there stroking him. It was calm and peaceful.
Kindly please pass this sad news to TX parents who had donated to support Willard's care. We still have Jojo going strong.
Vietnam is celebrating Mother’s Day this Sunday 8th of May. A lot of hotels have offers starting on Saturday afternoon like the Tea party at the Park. On Sunday they also have a special Mother’s Day brunch, like at the Sheraton. If you want to pamper your Mom, you’ll have plenty of options.
- If you think it’s really too hot outside and want to refresh a bit, just go to Saigon Polar Expo and explore an ice house of around 1600 square meters. Be careful the temperature will drop to -10! The exhibition will stay in the city until next February. It is open from 9am to 9pm every day.
- There is an African Dance workshop at Saigon Outcast on Saturdays at 10.30am. For further information follow the link, http://www.saigonoutcast.com/saturdayss-african-dance-workshop/
- Saigon pony club: every weekend starting at 9am until 11am, the club have 30 minute session of "mini pony clinic" for children aged from 1 to 6 years old. For riding lessons or pony clinic for older children, please check the website https://saigonponyclub.com/aboutus/ponies/
- May 21st: The festivities of the Breton Day, "Gouel Breizh", will take place in Ho Chi Minh City on Saturday May 21st. Celebrated in Vietnam since 2004 the "Gouel Breizh" or Breton Day is organized by K.B.B.V., Kervridigezh Bretoned Bro Vietnam, the Breton Society in Vietnam. The "Bretagne" (Brittany) is a region of France with a strong cultural background and identity. You are a "breton" before being French ;). The festival is an opportunity to taste classics from this part of France, enjoy the music and spirit. Bretagne is a land of legends too. Follow the link to watch more about the festival, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgQfxCVoGuw
- May 28th, 29th and June 4th Roald Dahl's classic, “George’s Marvellous Medicine” by Dragonfly Theatre for children. Tickets are on sale at Kepi store in D2 or from the ticket box: https://ticketbox.vn/event/georges-marvellous-medicine-60432/34479
Have a lovely weekend and don’t forget to be super nice to your Mom :)
Anne on behalf of the parent group.