As outlined on the Facilities Tab on our website, we have been very excited about the many improvements made during the first phase of updates on our An Phu Primary Campus.
In extending two of our Year 3 classrooms, designing them to incorporate innovative and creative learning spaces, we are able to evaluate and refine their design in readiness for phase two of our classroom updates next summer. The designs incorporate elements from our Aide Memoire, including areas for reflection and our unique Enquiry pod to allow children to break out from their classroom learning and discover new and creative ideas in small groups.
Our new FIFA preferred astro turf field has given us a great deal more flexibility in the use of this sporting space throughout the whole day.
With bespoke sound proofing, 4 peripatetic rooms and extra storage for instruments, our newly updated music area has created learning spaces to further enhance our already excellent provision in musical teaching that incorporates the Julliard curriculum.
In addition to these improvements, all of the ground floor toilets and changing areas have been redesigned and upgraded, the PE Office and additional improved storage areas together with a full refurbishment of the canteen.
It’s been a very busy and productive summer at An Phu Primary campus, with much more to come.
How you can help your child be the best that they can be
At the start of a new school year, parents always ask us what they can to help to further improve their child’s progress in school. In this post by Ms Dee Grimshaw, Deputy Headteacher, read more about what you can do to help as a parent.
Meet The Teacher Evenings
As part of the introduction to a new school year, we would like to invite all parents to attend the Meet the Teacher meetings that will take place on two separate evenings next week.
- Mile Post 2 and Mile Post 3 – Tuesday 29th August at 5:00 p.m.
- EYFS and Mile Post 1 – Wednesday 30th August at 5:00 p.m.
The purpose of these meetings are:
- to give all parents, both new and existing an opportunity to find out more about the expectations of all children at BIS, Ho Chi Minh City.
- to allow you to understand the many arrangements and procedures that we have at school.
- to have the opportunity to meet both class teachers and specialist teachers who will be working directly with your child(ren) during the academic year.
The meets will begin promptly at 5.00pm in the Gym and we look forward to seeing you there.
BIS Early Years and Infant Campus
As we see the quick progress of our new Early Years and Infant Campus watch the 3D flythrough by following this link.
Safeguarding at school – it’s everyone’s responsibility
If, during your visit to school, you have any reason to be concerned about the safety of a young person, please contact the Designated Safeguarding Person (Ms Dee Grimshaw) or the Head teacher (Mr Simon Higham)
Please note that CCTV cameras are in operation at all times across the campus.
Primary Admissions Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly and enthusiastic individual to join our primary admissions team. For more information on this position. Link here.
School Lunches get a new look
Following the very encouraging feedback from our parent satisfaction survey last year, we have worked hard with our canteen staff to develop a further improved lunch menu for all children at school. Focusing upon healthy balanced choices, the full menu can be accessed from the News and Insights section of our website.
Click here for the full menu and look out for the daily menu on the TV screen at the entrance to the canteen.
One More Used
The school has made, together with PTG partner FSSC, a special welcome bag from your old recycled uniforms for all new students! Read more about this and our upcycling uniform project in this link by the One More Used team of parents.
If you would like to have more information about the One More uniform recycling project or if you have any ideas and/or time to help, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep bringing your old uniforms to the collection point that is situated outside of the Canteen
Welcome Back Coffee Morning
On Thursday, the PTG welcomed approximately 125 people to our Welcome Back Coffee event. It was wonderful to see so many new and familiar faces at the beginning of this new term and we look forward to getting to know you better over the coming school year.
We are still looking for Class Representatives and Country Representatives and if you wish to help and/or run one of our Events then please sign up using the links below:
Sign up HERE to help out at one (or more) of our events
Sign up HERE if you would like to help as a Class Representative
Sign up HERE if you would like to help as a Country Representative
Additionally, please do not hesitate to contact the PTG at the email address below:
email@example.com – we’re here to help if we can.
This terms key events from the PTG:
- Newcomers Bus Tour – Monday 28th August, 8.15am. Email to sign up!
- PTG Social Night – Thursday 21st September, 7-10pm
- Family Morning – Saturday 14th or Sunday 15th October (date to be confirmed soon)
- Teacher Appreciation Day – Monday 20th November
- Coffee and Cake for Cancer (Joint AP1, AP2 and TX) – Friday 24th November
- Term 1 PTG Disco – Thursday 30th November
- Monday 28th: Term 1 club sign up opens - 5.00pm
- Tuesday 29th: Meet the Teacher evening for Milepost 2 (Y3,Y4) and Milepost 3 (Y5, Y6) parents – 5.00pm
- Wednesday 30th: Meet the Teacher evening for Milepost F (Y1, F2, F3) and Milepost 1 (Y1, Y2) parents – 5.00pm
- Friday 1st: Term 1 club sign up closes – 12.00pm
- Monday 4th: School closed for Public Holiday
- Tuesday 5th: Settling In workshop for new parents – 8.15am (Multi-Purpose Room)
- Tuesday 5th: Vietnamese classes for Vietnamese passport/dual passport holders begin – 2.30pm
For all of the dates in this year’s academic calendar, please click here to take you to the front page of the ‘News and Insights’ section of our school website.
Traffic – Driver’s Code of Conduct
In order to keep our children safe on the roads outside BIS, both before and after school, please can you spend a few minutes of your time discussing the following points with your drivers.
- Never stop on or near to a pedestrian crossing – in order to ensure that our families can cross the road safely, please instruct your driver to park as far away from the main gates as possible to avoid congestion. Try walking a short distance to keep cars down to a minimum.
- No cars should be parked for long periods of time outside of school – ask your driver to meet you at a convenient location away from the school gates and please ask them to never double park as this stops the flow of traffic at peak times.
- Stop, drop and go – take a maximum of 15 seconds to drop off your child and they can walk into school. Try it as it will speed up your journey and that of others too.
- Never U Turn along the stretch of road outside both AP1 and AP2 – tell your driver to drive away from school and if they have to U Turn, please do so on the wider, less congested roads. Try the route past AP1 along Nguyen Van Huong, as an alternative way to get home – it may take a few extra minutes driving but it will save the time you spend in traffic.
- Ask your driver to show respect to our guards and follow their instructions – they are there to keep you all safe and have a difficult job when drivers ignore their instructions.
Explain to your driver that their actions reflect upon your family – ask them to respect all of our school community to make our school the very best that it can be.
Mr Simon Higham, Head Teacher, An Phu Primary Campus