All Year Group presentations can be found on your child’s Learning Letter.
Well done to all of our children who have been working hard in the NAE Games, Phuket Football and Swimming trials this week. We have all been very impressed by your determination and perseverance both on the field and in the pool – a great effort!
Parent Teacher Student Conferences, September 12th and 13th 2017
As we strive to continually improve the education of our students, building on the home school partnership is extremely important. In order to achieve this goal, we have decided this year to include students in our parent teacher conferences. This will allow for a dialogue that includes students and therefore ensuring that all are on the ‘same page’ when moving forward.
We believe this is an important step to ensuring our students receive the best education possible and allows parents to play an active role in their child’s learning.
The conferences will take place on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th September from 3.00pm until 5.30pm. They will focus on the pastoral element of school life.
This meeting is an opportunity for parents to share information with the class teacher that will support their child’s future learning.
Today, a letter was sent to all parents outlining the event. Your login details will be sent to you on September 5th and the online sign up will open on the same day. It will remain open until Sunday 10th of September.
Please note these conferences are for meeting class teachers only. Specialist conferences will take place in November.
We look forward to meeting with you in a couple of weeks’ time.
Year Group in Focus: F1
Settling into a new school environment is a challenge and one that we take very seriously. If children settle well, then they will learn more effectively.
This has been the first full week back for all of our children at school and when you’re 2 years old, this can be a worrying time for both children and parents.
Have a look at how our F1 (2-3yrs) have been settling into school in this post by Ms Christine, EYFS (F1, F2 and F3) Teacher. They have been focussing upon creating a consistent routine and getting to know themselves, new friends and their teachers within a positive and caring environment.
Year Group in Focus: F2
Similar to our F1’s, our F2 (3-4yrs) have been settling into school life with learning taking place both within and outside of the classroom. Read about how they have been visiting the different learning spaces around school in this post by Ms Francez Fernandez, F2 Classteacher.
BIS HCMC Staff Community Inset
Community service projects play an integral part of life at BIS HCMC. Throughout the year, each student will take part in their year group community project. In addition to this, students can sign up to take part in many of the community clubs and events that are on offer all year round.
In this post by the Community Team, read more about how all of the BIS HCMC teachers across the Primary and Secondary campuses have already been involved in making our links with our community partners even stronger.
If you would like to find out more about our extensive Community programme and how we were shortlisted for an International Schools Award for our work with within our community, click here for more details.
A Chat with Emma Westman, Primary Admissions Manager for BIS HCMC
Over the upcoming weeks, we would like to introduce you in more detail to our new members of the An Phu Primary Team.
This week, read about Ms Emma Westman our new Primary Admissions Manager. Emma has relocated to An Phu Primary from Tu Xuong Primary and we’re delighted and privileged to have her leading out Primary Admissions team.
As oulined in our recent Orientation and Meet the Teacher events, the new online canteen menus can be accessed here.
Use these to discuss the healthy and varied choices that are on offer each day to our children. Ask them about what food they ate today and help guide them in making the right choices for themselves next week.
All of the Menus and much more important information can be found on the ‘Quick Links’ section located within ‘News and Insights’ on our school website.
Organised and Happy – Reorganising Buses to help with traffic flow
This week, for the first time all of our Secondary and Primary students have accessed the school bus service at the same time in an effort to further help with traffic flow. To avoid any unnecessary stopping with idling engines that disrupts traffic flow, all secondary bus students now make the journey over the bridge to join their primary friends.
As a school, we will continue to look at ways to improve traffic flow for all of our BIS HCMC families and the wider community.
Introducing the new BIS Music blog
This will replace the previous APP Music blog and will combine the three campuses of TX, APP and APS. On the blog you can find information about our extra-curricular activities, the instrumental programme, our working collaboration with the Juilliard School of Performing Arts and our upcoming concerts and events. Through the blog we will share music for learning outside of school and celebrate what happens in school during lesson times.
Safeguarding at school – it’s everyone’s responsibility
If, during your visit to school, you have any reason to be concerned about the safety of a young person, please contact the Designated Safeguarding Person (Ms Dee Grimshaw) or the Head teacher (Mr Simon Higham).
Please note that CCTV cameras are in operation at all times across the campus.
Primary Admissions Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly and enthusiastic individual to join our primary admissions team. For more information on this position and how to apply, please click here.
Thank you to all parents who have contacted the PTG with regards to offering help.
We are still looking for Class Representatives and Country Representatives and if you wish to help and/or run one of our Events then please sign up using the links below:
Sign up HERE to help out at one (or more) of our events
Sign up HERE if you would like to help as a Class Representative
Sign up HERE if you would like to help as a Country Representative
Additionally, please do not hesitate to contact the PTG at the email address below:
email@example.com – we’re here to help if we can.
This terms key events from the PTG:
- PTG Social Night – Thursday 21st September, 7-10pm
More details about this event will be coming soon.
If you can help out selling tickets from 11th September, please use the link below:
- Family Morning – Saturday 14th or Sunday 15th October (date to be confirmed soon)
- Teacher Appreciation Day – Monday 20th November
- Coffee and Cake for Cancer (Joint AP1, AP2 and TX) – Friday 24th November
- Term 1 PTG Disco – Thursday 30th November
- Friday 1st: Term 1 club sign up closes – 12.00pm
- Monday 4th: School closed for Public Holiday
- Tuesday 5th: Settling In workshop for new parents – 8.15am (Multi-Purpose Room)
- Tuesday 5th: Vietnamese classes for Vietnamese passport/dual passport holders begin – 2.30pm
- Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th: Parent, Teacher and Student Conferences
For all of the dates in this year’s academic calendar, please click here to take you to the front page of the ‘News and Insights’ section of our school website.
Traffic – Driver’s Code of Conduct
Following feedback from this week’s Meet the Teacher meetings, I have included a translation of the Driver’s Code of Conduct in Vietnamese.
Please spend a few minutes of your time discussing the following points with your drivers.
- Never stop on or near to a pedestrian crossing – in order to ensure that our families can cross the road safely, please instruct your driver to park as far away from the main gates as possible to avoid congestion. Try walking a short distance to keep cars down to a minimum.
- No cars should be parked for long periods of time outside of school – ask your driver to meet you at a convenient location away from the school gates and please ask them to never double park as this stops the flow of traffic at peak times.
- Stop, drop and go – take a maximum of 15 seconds to drop off your child and they can walk into school. Try it as it will speed up your journey and that of others too.
- Never U Turn along the stretch of road outside both AP1 and AP2 – tell your driver to drive away from school and if they have to U Turn, please do so on the wider, less congested roads. Try the route past AP1 along Nguyen Van Huong, as an alternative way to get home – it may take a few extra minutes driving but it will save the time you spend in traffic.
- Ask your driver to show respect to our guards and follow their instructions – they are there to keep you all safe and have a difficult job when drivers ignore their instructions.
Hướng dẫn lái xe dành cho tài xế
Nhằm đảm bảo an toàn giao thông cho học sinh trường BIS ngoài khuôn viên trường trước và sau giờ học, phụ huynh vui lòng dành một ít thời gian để thảo luận các điều sau với tài xế của mình.
- Không dừng gần hoặc trên vạch dành cho người đi bộ – nhằm đảm bảo an toàn cho các gia đình khi băng qua đường, vui lòng yêu cầu tài xế đậu xe cách xa cổng trường để tránh tắc nghẽn giao thông. Xin vui lòng đi bộ một quãng ngắn để hạn chế số lượng ô tô xung quanh trường.
- Không đậu xe lâu dọc hành lang bên ngoài trường – vui lòng yêu cầu tài xế đợi bạn ở một địa điểm thuận tiện cách xa cổng trường và không đậu song song với một ô tô khác vì sẽ gây tắc nghẽn giao thông vào giờ cao điểm.
- Chỉ được dừng, không được đậu xe – Không dừng xe quá 15 giây khi thả học sinh trước cổng trường. Học sinh sẽ tự đi bộ vào trong sân trường.
- Không quay đầu xe trên quãng đường bên ngoài AP1 và AP2 – yêu cầu tài xế lái xe ra xa trường và quay đầu xe ở những khúc đường rộng hơn, giao thông thông thoáng hơn. Hãy đi đường Nguyễn Văn Hưởng đoạn phía trên AP1 – điều này có thể mất thêm vài phút lái xe nhưng sẽ tránh cho bạn bị kẹt xe.
- Yêu cầu tài xế tôn trọng các bảo vệ và tuân theo chỉ dẫn của họ – nhân viên bảo vệ có trách nhiệm bảo đảm việc lưu thông được an toàn và họ sẽ gặp khó khăn trong công việc nếu tài xế không tuân theo các chỉ dẫn.
- Giải thích với tài xế rằng hành động của họ phản ánh hình ảnh gia đình bạn – yêu cầu tài xế tôn trọng quy định của nhà trường để trường BIS trở nên tốt nhất có thể.
Explain to your driver that their actions reflect upon your family – ask them to respect all of our school community to make our school the very best that it can be.
Mr Simon Higham ,Head Teacher, An Phu Primary Campus