We are currently looking to recruit 2 highly motivated and dedicated Vietnamese IT Support Technicians based at BIS HCMC An Phu, Dist.2, HCMC.
Working under the daily direction and guidance of the campus ICT Helpdesk Supervisor, the ICT Support Professional will support the ICT department’s internal customers (staff, students and visitors) in incident and problem resolution, including productivity software support and follow up ICT requests.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Operations and Support
- Support and coach end users in the correct and effective use of the school’s ICT resources (hardware and software)
- Log support calls and take appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory response with acceptable time frames in line with the department’s service level agreement
- Keep up to date with current technology, hardware, operating systems, general productivity software and be prepared to make recommendations to the Helpdesk Supervisor, to support continuous improvement of provision
- Produce support documentation, user guides, and maintain an ICT support knowledge base
Engineering and Provisioning
- Install, test and maintain a variety of personal computing and network hardware and software systems, with local area network and wide area network connections
- Configure, deploy and maintain classroom and office ICT hardware and software applications
- Perform diagnostic tests, modify or repair desktop hardware, including PC, printer, data projector and peripherals
- Undertake and record periodic preventative maintenance checks/cleaning of ICT resources and follow up issues as required
- To carry and move ICT equipment around the school campus. Involving some heavy lifting.
- Must be willing to travel to other BIS and BVIS campuses as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows 7/8, Windows XP) is preferred
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent preferred
- At least 1 years’ experience with desktop and end user helpdesk support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English
- A strong understanding of a wide variety of personal computing equipment and software, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and multi-media and web-based productivity applications
- Good knowledge of both PC and Apple products.
- Ability to follow manuals and read complicated technical instructions in both Vietnamese and English
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment including, personal computers, printers, projectors, photocopiers, fax machines etc.
Closing date: by 5 Sept 2017
If you are interested in any positions please send a letter of application, an up-to-date CV in English with relevant degrees and certificates, a recent photograph and the contact details of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.