From next Monday, you’ll see the “Red T-Shirts” again in the foyer. A team will be selling tickets for the An Phu Primary (APP)/Tu Xuong (TX) social night. During this event, you can meet teachers and parents from both campuses. It is a great opportunity to get to know the teachers from the junior campus and also meet the parents of your child’s next best friends!
Don’t miss it! Buy your tickets in the foyer starting this Monday! Mr Simon, APP Head Teacher, is really looking forward to meeting lots of TX parents in this informal gathering.
- What: Social night for teachers and parents
- When: Thursday, September 21st
- Where: Mad House, 6/1/2 Nguyen U Di, Thao Dien, D2
- Time: from 7 to 10pm
- Price: 300,000 VND including 3 drinks and canapés
- For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com
The clock is ticking for phase one of the Book Swap. In 10 days you will find the collection boxes and our volunteers in the foyer. Have a look in your library for the books you don’t want anymore, get them ready for a second life by donating them to the swap.
In the meantime, a collection will also start at An Phu Secondary (APS). Last year, secondary students were a great help and donated around 120 books so we had a wider selection for our Y5 and Y6 students. They donated from their heart, not getting anything in return except our gratitude. This year, as suggested by Mr Luke, the Parent Group decided to organize a mini raffle for the students who donate books for the TX Book Swap. Your class reps will soon forward information about this draw, as prizes will be needed.
So far, the Parent Group selected 3 activities to be held around the book stalls this year:
- A character wall, where parents, staff, children will be able to draw their favourite character.
- A story wall where everyone will be able to contribute to a story by adding sentences or paragraphs. Let’s create a funny story we could make as a small book to remember TX by!
- Story telling in the morning and afternoons, where parents will read stories in other languages. Be ready to hear Korean, Chinese, French and Vietnamese stories. The schedule has not yet been made for this activity, so if you are interested in reading, please contact your class rep.
We still need volunteers to sign up for the book swap, please consider joining, especially if you drop off and pick up your child. Please sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4dafaa29a4ff2-book
There are still some classes who need a Class Rep for this year to support the communication between school and home and between the parents. Classes F1, F3B, F3I and Y1I are still looking for a willing volunteer. Thank you to Ms Joan who has kindly volunteered to be the Class Rep for Y1B. This role is extremely rewarding as you have the chance to be at the heart of our wonderful TX community. If your child is in one of these classes, please consider being the Class Rep and let your class teacher know that you are interested. You can talk to an existing Class Rep and Ms Mary for more information about the role.
The Saturday morning football club is returning this academic year at APP. Please find all details in the poster. Feel free to contact Andy Lyons for more details. Also, if you feel like coaching or helping with this activity, please sign up as the team needs more volunteers for this new season.
"Belated Birthday wishes to Mr Anthony from the TX Parents’ Community!"
Wishing you a great weekend.
Anne on behalf of the Parent Group