Working under the direction and guidance of the Business Applications Manager, the Database Systems Administrator will assist with the effective planning, provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the school’s management and academic databases and database applications.
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, and a focus on management and resolution of issues. This role also requires a broad understanding of general business process including accounting, human resources, and the management of enterprise data and information.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputise for the Business Systems Manager as necessary
Engineering and Provisioning
- To advise and support the Business Systems Manager in researching, designing and planning effective database and network application solutions to support the school’s operational and educational needs
- To monitor and maintain the school’s management and academic database and database applications
- To maintain installation, configuration and database management documentation and procedures
- To deputise for the Database Systems Administrator as required
Operations and Support
- To perform daily system checks to ensure the availability of all database servers, application resources and systems
- To review system and application logs, verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- To provide database and database application technical support, investigation, troubleshooting and problem resolution
- To coordinate and communicate effectively with impacted stakeholders
- To ensure backup procedures are followed and backup tapes are sent off-site
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and support the school’s business process, including academic, accounting and human resources information management
- Ability to prioritise work and provide effective solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese
Working knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies is desirable: Windows Server 2008/2012, SQL Server 2010; SharePoint 2010, O365, IIS 7, PHP 5, MySQL 5 and Apache 2.2
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a related degree, or equivalent education and work experience, or Fresh Graduate.
IT Professional (MCITP: Database Administrator 2008) Certification preferred although not essential.
Scope of Job
The post holder in maintaining the school’s management information systems is key to the smooth and efficient running of school administration and its daily operation.
If you are interested in the post or you find someone suitable and would like to recommend him/her to the school, please send CV and application to HR department via email firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December 2018.