PTG AGM 2019
The annual PTG AGM, a combined PTG event, will be held on the evening of Thursday 16th May 2019 at 5.30pm in the Secondary Campus Auditorium. The meeting will include representatives from the Primary and Secondary PTG groups who will provide a brief summary of the year's activities and highlights.
After a short AGM for both PTGs, there will be an information evening for the benefit of all parents. Refreshments will be provided. The topic for the presentation will link-in very closely to our school and parent partnerships for the wellbeing of our students, your children. We will share the topic with you in the coming weeks.
PTG Cake and Coffee Morning
Thanks to many of you for registering your interest to come to the PTG Coffee and Cake Morning on Thursday 11th April. It will be a lovely social event for a wonderful cause! Not only will we have an array of delicious cakes, we will also have speakers including Secondary students who take part in weekly Cancer Ward visits, as well as music performances from our talented Primary students.
Important information about the event:
- If you intend to donate a cake or savoury item, please complete the google form at this link:https://forms.gle/RyB4SMfaA569ZMvr7
- It would be fantastic if any parents could host a baking session with other parents – this worked well last year and lots of fun was had by all!
- If you plan to bake a cake, please bring the recipe on the day so they can be shared with other parents
- We are asking that you deliver your cake to the EY&I Campus Gym from 7.30am onwards on Thursday so the tables can be set up.
- If you can, please donate the use of a cake stand. They can be left at any campus. Please label clearly with your child’s name and class so they can be returned to you after the event.
- Please bring your Tupperware for takeaways!
For more information about the event please contact:
Mel (secondary) email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org
Niki (Junior) email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org
Gayathri (EY&IC) email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org
BIS Street Basketball Tournament
The BIS “Street” Basketball event took place last Saturday morning and was enjoyed by students of all ages. There were a variety of competitions available and some great prizes to be won sponsored by Saigon Heat, GoDog and Eddie's Diner. Find out more in this post by PTG member Andy Lyons.
Malaysia National Cuisine Week
Malay food is strong, spicy and aromatic, combining the rich tastes of the many herbs and spices commonly found in Southeast Asia. It is one of three major cuisines in Malaysia and continually delights visitors to the country with its incredible variety and flavours. BIS Secondary cafeteria has looked lovely over the last few days with the walls and ceiling showcasing glimpses of Malaysia; decorated very enthusiastically by the BIS parents. The students enjoyed the flavourful dishes; especially the beef randang!
Coming next are Spain, Japan & China.
Nominations for PTG Executive Team 2019-2020
The year has flown by really quickly. The current PTG team had an exciting year with many accomplishments, new experiences and much more to learn in the future. New members always bring in new energy with new ideas and thoughts. If you wish to be a part of this bracing group then please drop an email to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be involved in the PTG Committee and share your skills, you can nominate here.
You can use the nomination form to:
- Nominate for a position on the Executive Committee
- Nominate for a role or volunteer for one of the PTG Subcommittees
- Register your contact details, company information or area of specialty if you would like to participate in any of our school or community events.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Watch this space for more monthly PTG updates!