Many country reps also attended the meeting this morning. This year some new countries will be part of Global Café for the first time. International Week will take place from 13th - 17th January 2020. We are still waiting for a few volunteers to represent their countries. International Week provides a golden opportunity for our students to learn about different cultures. PTG and the school request the parents to come forward and fill spots for the countries – Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Colombia, Denmark, Ireland, Israel, Kazakhstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malawi, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Spain, St Kitts & Nevis, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine.
The first International Week meeting will happen on 16th October, 8:30 am at the Junior Campus.
- Bake sale: 4th Oct (Both campuses from 2:20pm onwards)
- Parent potluck: 10th Oct (EYIC)(12:15pm-2:15pm)
Bake Sale - 4th October
We need volunteers from both campuses for the following:
- Bakers/donors: You can bake or buy and donate cakes/cupcakes/cookies. NO NUTS PLEASE.
- Cake collectors: Volunteers will help in collecting the cakes from their campuses from 7:45am-10:45am.
- Sellers: Volunteers will help sell the cakes and must be present from 1:45pm-3:30pm
Seamus from Junior Chef will be hosting a cooking workshop for parents at the Junior Campus on Friday 11th October.
Seamus is passionate about food and following his passion; running Junior Chef club at Junior and Early Years for many years now.
- Mississippi to Mekong Menu:
- Smoky Catfish Ravigote
- Shrimp Etoufee
- Mango Shortcakes
Date: Friday 11th October
Venue: Food Technology room at Junior campus, BIS HCMC
If you would like to join, please stop by to make payment at the Secondary Campus Reception by 9th October.
Write to our cooking club co-ordinator Gayatri Singh over at the Secondary PTG at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries.
To sign up to be a Class Parent:
By volunteering as a Class Parent Representative, you will help to pave the way for communications between the teacher and parents, and also from the PTG to parents. Key areas of responsibility are:
- to serve as a contact for (new) families in your class
- to disseminate information from the PTG to all class parents about events in school
To sign up to be a country representative:
To sign up and help with various events:
The main Primary PTG Committee is now set up, but of course we are looking for parents to volunteer on different event Committees for the 2019-2020 school year. The events run by parents for the BIS students adds to the social fabric of the school. Please consider signing up to any of the committees that BIS is going to need to run the events. Remember, if an event does not have a committee to organize or volunteers to help, it won’t run. This sign up list is to create a steering Committee; the Committee will be in charge of coordinating the event. The school will help with the logistics and the funds needed to run each event.
Send us an e-mail if you have any questions - email@example.com
Saturday Morning Football
Saturday Morning Football is run by BIS parents and we would like to inform you:
1. This academic year, we will start Saturday Morning Football on 5th October 2019. Signing up will be on this day as well, or you can email to us for registration, we will fill in form and get more information from you later when your kids come to play football start from 5 October.
- Session from 8-9 am: for year 4,5,6
- Session from 9-10 am: for year 2,3
- Fee: 500.000 VND/whole year (including SMF uniform)
Saturday Morning Football will run each Saturday during school terms.
Please do not hesitate to contact the PTG at the email address below: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on any of the above.
Your Primary PTG