We are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated and dedicated Swim Coach based on BIS Junior Campus, 225 Nguyen Van Huong, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City.
Assist the Head Swim Coach (HSC) with the day to day running of the Swimming department by completing swim coaching and admin tasks. Lead swim coaching sessions in the absence of the HSC.
- Take a register
- Plan a suitable training programme specific for group
- Run pre-school and after-school training sessions (Junior, Secondary, EY&I on different days)
- Additional weekend swimming
- Chase up swimmers who fail to attend training
- Organise team lists for swimming galas and FOBISIA Games
- Maintain a record of swimmers times
- Print personal best and award certificates
- Inform swimmers of important upcoming events via newsletters
- Update notice boards outside and inside the pool area
- Order kit (costumes and t-shirts) in conjunction with Head of PE
- Liaise with PE Department over FOBISIA Games/Gala team selection
- Write articles for BIS Spotlight
- Holder of recognised swimming qualifications
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- Have good interpersonal skills and be self-confident
- Be a good communicator
- Be positive, enthusiastic and committed
- Able to manage own time and workload
- Able to show initiative and common sense
- Must be reliable and possess integrity
- Must be able to keep information confidential
- Previous experience of working as a swim coach is desirable, but not essential
- Passionate, punctual, enthusiastic and be a great team member
- Start Date: As soon as possible
The exact days and times are negotiable but a typical pattern might be:
Swim Coaching time = 22 hours
- Monday – Friday: 6.00 – 7.30am
- Monday – Friday: 2.30 – 5.30pm
- Monday – Friday: 10.00am - 2.00pm
Admin = 10 hours
- Monday – Friday: 8.00 – 10.00am
For Consideration and Discussion
The school would like to discuss additional possibilities for the successful applicant to run private swim classes and holiday sessions for BIS students using school facilities providing additional earning opportunities for the swim coach.
Closing date: by 30th September 2019
If you are interested in any positions please send a letter of application, an up-to-date CV in English with relevant degrees and certificates, a recent photograph and the contact details of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org and state what position you apply for in the subject line.
We look forward to receiving your application.