This is a lovely social event that will bring together parents from all campuses to support children with cancer in Ho Chi Minh City.
This is a chance for our parents to come together, eat tasty home-made cakes and help support Thuy's Dreams. Thuy’s Dreams is an organisation that helps children with cancer in Vietnam. They provide donations for treatment, enrichment of the children within the hospitals as well as long term support.
BIS have a strong connection with the cancer wards here in HCMC and for the past 8 years, our secondary students have been visiting two of the cancer hospitals in HCMC to bring laughter into the children’s lives. This co-curricular activity is understandably very difficult and many of us here would find it hard to get on a bus every week and visit the hospitals. Our student’s commitment and dedication to such an important cause is truly admirable.
During the morning there will not only be lots of yummy cakes but there will be special performances from our Primary and Secondary students.
Please support the event by either donating or buying a cake – all proceeds will go to providing treatment for children with cancer in Vietnam.
Important information about the event:
- If you intend to donate a cake or savoury item, please complete the google form at this link: https://forms.gle/RyB4SMfaA569ZMvr7
- It would be fantastic if any parents could host a baking session with other parents – this worked well last year and lots of fun was had by all!
- If you plan to bake a cake, please bring the recipe on the day so they can be shared with other parents
- We are asking that you deliver your cake to the EY&I Campus Gym from 7.30am onwards on Thursday so the tables can be set up.
- If you can, please donate the use of a cake stand. They can be left at any campus. Please label clearly with your child’s name and class so they can be returned to you after the event.
- Please bring your Tupperware for takeaways!
For more information please click to email: