The Big Draw is an event started by an English charity called the Campaign for Drawing and it has one clear and obvious aim: to get everyone drawing! As part of this it also aims to get people of all ages and abilities to believe in their ability to draw and highlight the importance of Art in education and beyond.
The Big Draw Festival runs throughout October with over 1000 organisations across the UK and 20 other countries participate annually each year - offering events for all ages and abilities.
This year, the British School of Beijing is getting fully involved!
Between 27th October and 1st November the Art department will be running series of events and activities to celebrate drawing and creativity.
This includes large collaborative drawing days for Primary School and Secondary school as well as a community Big Draw event on Saturday November 1st where all family and friends are invited to get drawing in one final collaborative, large scale artwork!
- Primary Big Draw - Wednesday 29th October (Y3-6)
- Secondary Big Draw - Thursday 30th October (Y7-10)
- Big Draw Competition - Deadline Thursday 30th October (All Years)
- Community Big Draw - Saturday 1st November, 11am - 3pm
- Location: The British School of Beijing, Shunyi
More details can be obtained from Head of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org