(from article on playbill.com)
Juilliard School has been ranked the world’s best university for the study of performing arts, according to the sixth edition of the QS World University Rankings By Subject, released on TopUniversities.com. The results are categorized into 42 disciplines, marking the first-ever global ranking for the performing arts category.
Over 1,000 institutions world-wide offering performing arts-related courses were considered for inclusion, with the top 100 nominally ranked.
QS World University Rankings by Subject: Top Ten (Performing Arts):
- Juilliard School, United States
- University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Austria
- (Equal) Royal College of Music, United Kingdom
- (Equal) University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Royal Academy of Music, United Kingdom
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (Formerly Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama), United Kingdom
- Sibelius Academy, Finland
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB), United States
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama, United Kingdom
- Indiana University Bloomington, United States
The rankings were informed by the opinions of 76,798 academics and 44,426 employers, alongside the analysis of 28.5 million research papers and over 113 million citations sourced from the Scopus/Elsevier bibliometric database.